IGNORED

After Market Luggage

Big_Gray

I lost my right side case on the way home from Spring Torrey this year on I-15 south of Salt Lake City. I tried for a couple of weeks to see if I could retrieve it through Highway Patrol, Highway Mtce. etc. and then I started to arrange replacement.

I checked into buying from several dealers and found ready availability but discouraging, though not surprising prices. I searched several bulletin boards and forums (like BMWST)for something used and even came close a couple of times.

Finally I saw a couple of "interesting looking" ads on E-Bay motors for "replica" luggage made in China. One of the vendors answered my preliminary queries very ambiguously so I moved on to the other and got some fairly clear answers. I got a new "replica" system case for $169.98 plus shipping (69.98) It was ordered August 4,/10 and I just received it today.

I don't mind saying I was a little leary about what it might look like but once I had a look at it...it looks good. Just like the 2003 vintage bag but without the character added by seven years of use and abuse.

The latch mechanism isn't as smooth as the stock unit but I am hopeful it will loosen up a little with use. I hope it doesn't loosen up quite as much as the original unit that left the bike on I-15.

Just is case anyone else is interested, the supplier was Fire Dragon Brothers on E-BAY (no affiliation). I just wanted to let folks know that I tried this option and it has worked OK so far.

It's firedragonbros2009. They have a lot of brake/clutch levers and some assorted body parts - mostly mirrors and turn signals. I'm not affiliated either BTW - I just did a search for curiosity.

My apologies Steve:

I should have been more precise in my posting. I should have said that I purchased the bag through eBay Motors. The company supplying the product was Fire Dragon Brothers...no matter what their eBay user ID is.

Archived