IGNORED

Nolan N43 "AIR" helmet

Doug_Baliko

Article also said-->>

UPDATE FROM CIMA INTERNATIONAL, THE U.S. DISTRIBUTORS FOR NOLAN HELMETS (7/09)

"The Nolan N-43 will be available in the USA early September. It will not be the exact version that you reviewed, but it will come in two versions, and in 9 solid colors and 4 two-tone graphics.

To answer a couple of your remarks:

New helmets released by a European company take a few months to be prepared and tested to pass DOT, which explains why the N-43 has been in Europe since last fall, and is coming here only now.

We do not publish information about a new product unless we know that all the testing is done, and production can start, in short when we are ready to deliver the new product to the market.

The chin bar of the N-43 is made of polycarbonate, with a EPS lining. In Europe, they test helmets as P (full-face) and J (open-face) for safety ratings. This helmets passes both standards of safety (P, when equipped with its chin bar and J without the chin bar). Here it will pass DOT."

Quite a review--got my attention.

In the U.S. Nolan sells the N43 "Trilogy" which is basically the same helmet "without" the inovative top vent. The only place that I could find the "air" version was in Europe. I found a place in Germany that shipped it for only $19.

Doug

I want to get a Trilogy also.How is the sizing?

They say the Nolans run a bit smaller, is this true?

I take a XXL in a Shoei and a few guys said the Nolan is tight.

Steve,

The N43 "Trilogy" and "AIR" are different in that the Trilogy does NOT have the inovative top venting. Nolan does not offer the "AIR" in the U.S.

As far as size I find it very similar to Shoei or HJC. You can find a local dealer that sells the Nolan Trilogy and try that on for size. As far as the shell goes they are virtually the same.

Doug

Archived