IGNORED

R1100RT Camping Setup Mirrors

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Looks like the wrap around soft bags will block some mirror view.

Confirm R1100GS mirrors? Anyone heard of a cheap alternative with the same threads? Ummmmm, anyone know the right side thread? Might it be left hand?....Looks odd.

thanks in advance!

Yes, soft a soft duffle does block the stock mirrors. I installed GS mirrors on my 1150 RT years ago, thinking I would remove them when not camping. I much prefer them to the lowers and they have become a permanent fixture and the stocks are aimed out to remove the blind spot. The GS mirrors fit through the hole on the handgrip and are secured with a wave washer and allen nut, not threaded into the grip. I can't say the 1100 is the same.

Read somewhere that the mirrors for a Honda RUCKUS is a direct fit as well. If this does work, please advise. I might be needing them as well.

Hi Rocer

Not sure on all the R’s but on the early R bike only one mirror will work as the other side mounts different enough to not work.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Did a little research on this since I'm confused easily. Specific to how 1100RT mirror holes appear:

If R1100GS mirrors work, the P/N's are 51 16 313 529 and 530. These look right in that the right fastens into the perch with a screw. The left bolts through the left perch with a screw and nut.

R1100RS P/N are the same as the GS. Beemerboneyard confirms this.

R1150GS may or may not work but, only on the left as it is a screw/nut system and only one part number for left or right. Intuitively, maybe these will work on 1150RTs.

Been using GS mirrors from Beemer Boneyard. They do hit the Aeroflow at lowest screen setting and full bar lock. I don't lower the screen fully when moving slowly (see: parking lots) just for this reason. Here is a pic of the set-up: (notice the "U-Pack, -actually a Mags Bag)

img_5303.jpg

Did a little research on this since I'm confused easily. Specific to how 1100RT mirror holes appear:

If R1100GS mirrors work, the P/N's are 51 16 313 529 and 530. These look right in that the right fastens into the perch with a screw. The left bolts through the left perch with a screw and nut.

R1100RS P/N are the same as the GS. Beemerboneyard confirms this.

R1150GS may or may not work but, only on the left as it is a screw/nut system and only one part number for left or right. Intuitively, maybe these will work on 1150RTs.

The rule of thumb is that the mirrors from a GS or RS of the same vintage as the RT will fit as the switchgear is the same.

Andy

Looks like the wrap around soft bags will block some mirror view.

Confirm R1100GS mirrors? Anyone heard of a cheap alternative with the same threads? Ummmmm, anyone know the right side thread? Might it be left hand?....Looks odd.

thanks in advance!

Throttle side is a left hand thread

Archived