IGNORED

Tire machine

Urban Surfer

I looked very closely at the H/F changer and also watched the video of using Mitch's Mojo levers. It appears to me that just the H/F changer WITHOUT the Mojo levers would be a real PITA. I had to really think about total cost, having another piece of kit in my shop, and how much would it get used?

I took a different route, we have a local tire warehouse 10 miles away. They will remove and dispose of the old tires, mount the new tires for under $20, for a pair. I bought my own Marc Parnes balancer as the tire place cannot balance M/C wheels. I have changed tires 3 times in the last 5 years for around $50 (not counting the balancer which you would need anyway).

You may want to check around to see what is available.

harbor freight with Mitch's Patrie's Mount/De

mount Bar

+1 and added in the Marc Parnes balancer.

However, after 7 sets of tires and the joy of changing them at my convenience (time is precious), I'd love to see a No-Mar system at work, if just for the beadbreaker.

mount Bar

However, after 7 sets of tires and the joy of changing them at my convenience (time is precious), I'd love to see a No-Mar system at work, if just for the beadbreaker.

I'm on my 30th or so tire change with the above setup. I stopped adding weight to tires about 15 changes ago with no ill effect. I do put them on the balancer before I seat the bead, if way off I rotate the tire 180°

mount Bar

I'm on my 30th or so tire change with the above setup. I stopped adding weight to tires about 15 changes ago with no ill effect. I do put them on the balancer before I seat the bead, if way off I rotate the tire 180°

Great idea (about the weight thing) I've changed tons of tires wyself and never thought of that!!

Urban Surfer

Thanks guys. I have looked at a few online. We are going to get the Nomar machine. It looks a little better, and there is four of us buying it so a few extra bucks not a problem.

Tire changes hear are too much money. $700 or more to get a set of shins on.

And you don't get a break when you take your own tires into a shop, they frown on that.

Have the Nomar Jr. Pro and love it! You will be glad you purchased it. There is a little of a learning curve to using it, but every time you use it, it will get easier. Make sure you watch their online videos and pay close attention to how they do it. If you follow their example, it is a piece of cake to change tires and will pay for its self pretty quickly. Also get Mark's balancer, I think it is better than the NoMar.

Steve

I have a HF changer with the Mojo blocks etc. It works. I should have bought a Cycle Hill or No Mar. Whatever you decide, just do it sooner than later and save money and time.

Archived