IGNORED

Aftermarket Grips

cris nitro

Good morning all;

I read quite a bit on this site and have never seen any posts regarding handlebar grips. Is there anything special about BMW grips, such as bar diameter, length, etc that prevents one from using aftermarket ones? I use Pro Grip alot on my dirt bikes and also have a pair on my airhead, but was wondering about using them on my RT. Obviously they have to be the right length to work with the throttlemeister as well as bar diameter.

Thanks for any input.

Cris

If your grips are getting worn and you want something good.. go get some Grip Puppies... best $8.00 I ever spend on a motorcycle...

search for California Sport Touring... Grip Puppies.

and yes, the grip heaters still work great.

Paul Mihalka
If your grips are getting worn and you want something good.. go get some Grip Puppies... best $8.00 I ever spend on a motorcycle...

search for California Sport Touring... Grip Puppies.

and yes, the grip heaters still work great.

+1

I use Grab On foam grip covers. Part the 4 1/4" for the 1.25"-1.45" fits graet and give the stock grips a nice feel.

Doug

Thanks for the responses. I didn't realize that the heaters are a part of the actual grip. I thought they were the handlebar type.

No problem with the grips I have, was just wondering.

Cris

• 2 months later...

I have been wondering why grips are so thin! With summer gloves, I can bearly get my hand around them. With thicker gloves, forget it! 10 minutes trying to squeez and my hands are done. Just ordered the puppies. Thanks!

Perfect, that is the answer I was hoping for. There are a ton of aftermarket grips out and know I can use the ones that fit my hand and still have the heaters.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Love those puppies! Not the easiest thing to do, but not too bad. I soaked em in hot water and used a little soap, but they were a bear to work on. What a relief to the hands.

Archived