IGNORED

I need a new pressure gauge. which one?

elkroeger

Steve Kolenda

If it is tire pressure that you are referring to, then I would suggest a digital ROADGEAR. I have had mine for years, it is fairly small and convenient to carry.

Steve

I like inexpensive ($10) digital gauges, any design angled well enough to make it easier to press on the valve.

I had a liquid-filled rubber-cased fancy analog gauge for racing ($60 if I recall correctly) and it wasn't more accurate than these digital pressure gauges (usually +/- 0.5 PSI on the cheapest of them). It was just more convenient to see the pressure constantly and it had an integrated bleed system to quickly adjust pressure. I also had to be a lot more careful how I handled it.

markgoodrich

I have about six pencil gauges, an electric digital Accugauge, and a dial gauge on a longish hose. They all are within a pound of each other, despite the wide difference in price and deluxe-ness.

I agree with Mark. I have been an aircraft mechanic over 40 years. I must have at least 8 gauges, I’ve bought over the years. Some that are more expensive then most riders would pay for or need. One day I was interested, jest like you, and compared the readings. They all read within 2psi.I’d suggest going over to NAPA and picking up a sturdy, made in USA pinnacle gauge. They’ll last a lifetime.

Like many folks here, I have a very high quality one and inexpensive ones. The only thing I insist on is that it have a bleed off button so I can over fill and bleed it down to the pressure I want.

I like using the ROADGEAR Talking Digital Tire Gauge with my RT because you don't need to see the numbers when getting around the disc brakes. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's all plastic.

I try to never check tire pressure without a compressor nearby. It's more like an air replacement proceedure. Out with the old, overinflate with new and bleed it down to where it probably was when I started.

---

Archived