IGNORED

Subaru Outback???

Whip

I know I am stereotyping but Subaru's tend to be seen with road/mountain bikes, kyacks and snowboards strapped on Thule or Yakima racks. Persons driving them seem to be athletic, educated, yuppie thirty somethings without kids. Can be seen eating brie/wine/Starbucks at local chic hangouts in high income neighborhoods. Clothing store of choice is REI. Their other car in the garage will probably be a Prius. I think snob or elitist are the words I am looking for.

None of those descriptions apply to me but I still want a Forester.

I think whether some of those descriptions apply depends on whether the rest of the descriptions were the pejoratives they sounded like.

That's the beauty of vague and ambiguous comments. I never mentioned anything about the protected classes such as sexual orientation, race, religious preference, ethnicity and age. Yet what I said is inferred as a pejorative?

No, why would any Subaru-driving, bicycle-riding, Yakima-rack-equipped, educated, yuppie, kid-less, brie-eating, wine-drinking, Starbucks-sipping, REI-wearing elitist snob think that being called REI-wearing is perjorative stereotyping?

Ya said ya wanted to tow?

How much weight ya gonna haul? Is the frame ok and the tow pkg

that attaches to it big enough?

I'd be asking those questions 'fore I bought one.

MB>

They claim 3000 pounds. Is there reason for me to be concerned?

My trailer and track bike weigh about 2000 pounds.

My Aztek has a 3000 pound rating, and I find that to be a problem. I will replace it with a 1/2 or 3/4 ton PU one of these days.

I'm not brave, that's why I drive the AWD Aztek through the winter. In a few months, I'll take a picture for you of it going through snow as high as it's bumper without a problem, and it still gets 25 mpg on the highway. My only problem is that it isn't large enough to pull heavy trailers and hay racks.

Had a 03 Forester - great little car but a little noisy on long trips. Got a new 2010 outback about 4 months ago with 3.6, top of the line, wife bought it and we LOVE it. Drove the 2.4 and did not like the engine noise/performance, 3.6 is a hoot! Mileage is not as good but there are tradeoffs.

Tested Kia, Hyndia, Lexus, volvo and found that the Subaru was best for our needs. One complaint - roof racks. We have a tandem road bike and I will need to buy a seperate mount system to carry the bike.

No complaints here. 4th subaru for our family unit.

I'm not brave, that's why I drive the AWD Aztek through the winter. In a few months, I'll take a picture for you of it going through snow as high as it's bumper without a problem, and it still gets 25 mpg on the highway. My only problem is that it isn't large enough to pull heavy trailers and hay racks.

No need to defend it, I'm just joking with you. You may want to hang on to the Aztek though it may be an automotive curiosity icon someday. Like a modern day AMC Pacer.

No need to defend it, I'm just joking with you. You may want to hang on to the Aztek though it may be an automotive curiosity icon someday. Like a modern day AMC Pacer.

How true. There's a mint condition Pinto that drives through town from time to time that draws attention to itself that it never did when new.

Archived