IGNORED

Tire Sale

Rinkydink

That $270 set of PR2's does not seem to include the "B" spec rear tire that's often recommended for the RT.

FWIW I've had both the "B" and the non-B and I can't tell the difference in performance or mileage. But I'm still not sure which is the smarter choice, all things considered.

I bought tires for my /6 locally but my local guy was way too high on the PR2 for my 800ST. After buying a rear PR2 @ Grassroots in Cape Girardeau for my RT and getting raped (literally) and a front PR2 @ the Indy BMW dealer (better but still too high) but in their defense they both had me on the ropes as I needed them right then. I found the Superstore price a nice change. I don't doubt a better deal is out there but I think the sale is limited so I wanted to get it out there. No affiliation yada yada yada...

comstockrider

I recently got a set of Angle ST's on my RT from Ebay $240 delivered. I've used the Avon's and they didn't last. Went to the Metzler Z6 on front and it didn't make 6K miles. So far, I really like the way the tires perform. I live off a really twisty road, and these things stick like glue. Very confidence inspiring. :grin: Maybe too much. Anyway, I'm trying to scale back my riding to moderate levels to see how they hold up on the long term. If I can continue to get them at a reasonable price, I might not beable to contain myself . . . ;) Check with my local supplier, and the set is about 300 from him, which isn't too bad. Buying local, I would do it if they continue to perform well.

I recently got a set of Angle ST's on my RT from Ebay $240 delivered. I've used the Avon's and they didn't last. Went to the Metzler Z6 on front and it didn't make 6K miles. So far, I really like the way the tires perform. I live off a really twisty road, and these things stick like glue. Very confidence inspiring. :grin: Maybe too much. Anyway, I'm trying to scale back my riding to moderate levels to see how they hold up on the long term. If I can continue to get them at a reasonable price, I might not beable to contain myself . . . ;) Check with my local supplier, and the set is about 300 from him, which isn't too bad. Buying local, I would do it if they continue to perform well.

I paid $279 for a set of 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 (E) rear Angel STs from my local independent dealer.

Did you get the (E) "reinforced" rear 180/55ZR17 rear or the standard one? The (E) version is the recommended tire for the RT and other heavier bikes. It's also about 420 more expensive than the standard 180/55ZR17 tire.

Archived