IGNORED

Cordless screwdriver for tupperware

longjohn

I purchased a Cheepie from Costco, I used it at work for headlamp bezels, didn't want to strip the plasic. So hey how about my RT. Works great not much torque but the right amount of pressure to set the scews for riding.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Not much need anymore with the GT, but I used a small craftsmen with the RT. The lowest torque setting was ok when used with a light touch and a little care Whatever you buy, do yourself a favoe and make sure it has a lithium battery.

I've used a milwaulkee 3.6v because that's what I have left over from work. Down to my last battery pack and think I'll replace it with a Sears palm driver. I usually break the screws loose without power and then turn it on to zip them out the rest of the way. Going back in, I start them with fingers and keep a loose grip when powering them the rest of the way. Poor man's torque limiter.

---

I've used a small cordless screwdriver since I got my 1100RT, but I just upgraded to a new one with lithium batteries, as the old one wasn't holding a charge very well.

Low torque, break'em by hand, and use the power tool to spin 'em out.

I like to use the ratcheting drives built like a screwdriver. The ones that have a break in the handle so you can tilt part of it help fit some strange places, like the lovely pair of screws in front of the oil cooler.

Do you use a cordless screwdriver on your tupperware and if so which one and why?

Ryobi 4V lithium battery. Adjustable torque clutch, spotlight, lithium batteries last longer than NiCad. ~$40 at Home Depot. Finding metric hex bits in the needed sizes was difficult.

41j9N%2BMKZAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I start by hand and 2nd check manually but use a B&D palm version to spin em in once started. Not one for stripping stuff, don't start lug nuts with my air guns either.

Hitachi stick , it locks the throttle and its real smaill so i take it on the road too!

LOVE this model, its the one with the wild Green on it!

bd

Hitachi DB3DL 3.6-Volt Li-Ion Cordless Screwdriver

I have and use the $14 one from Harbor Freight.

I can strip all the plastic off the RT in about 5 minutes... well maybe 10.

It has enough "juice" to un-seat most of the Torx screws. I also purchased the Flex Drive extension at HF... makes a nice combo. Still have to use hand power to get the last ones under the front fairing next to the fork tubes... tight fit.

Archived