IGNORED

First Gear Rainier Jacket/Escape Pants vs RevIt Sand Jacket and Pants

KevinRT

I am considering purchasing one of the above and am wondering if anyone has any experience with either setup. I have surfed and found rider comments but they are comments regarding older versions, particularly with the Rainier jacket.

TIA

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I have the TPG Escape pants. Love them. I run a bit warm so only wear them until the temp is in the low 70's max.

25 minute morning commute in 20's to 30's is a snap with the liner in.

BTW, they do melt if you happen to drop the bike and touch the cat with your leg.

My Ranier jacket is a couple of years old. I have yet to be cold in it. And I've ridden through hours of rain comfortably. I have the pants too. The knee guard does run a little low and it isn't adjustable, but overall they work great. The zipper doesn't go all the way up the leg, just so you know. I have never worn the liners with the pants, as the rt's wind protection is sooo good. I think I bought both from the motorcycle superstore at the end of the product year so they were heavily discounted.

I wear First Gear Jacket and pants, and have for a few years. I have the Kilimanjaro Jacket, and REALLY like it. I had an older one that I've worn for about 4 years, and I'm just using this one this winter.

I like the fit, and the way they work to keep me warm and dry. I have yet to test the abrasion properties of the material, so you'll have to wait on that! (for a LONG time, I hope!)

I have the Rainier and love it. I bought it online from www.newenough.com in my size (normally) but it's a tight fit. Comfortable but tight. It can only be worn alone with a few long sleeve things under it. By this I mean, not enough room for an electric vest. I'd try it on before you buy it.

I use mine for cool Spring and Autumn rides. I bought the Kilimanjaro because it's roomier and I can fit an electric vest under it. The neck fit is looser that the Rainier and because of that, I prefer the Rainier.

I have the Escape pants without braces. I'd buy the braces set now to keep them in position. Slippery little suckers.

I've just completed a winter 13 hour run in freezing wind and rain and the gear kept me totally warm and dry. Love the First Gear products. As this run was done the first time with the First Gear stuff, I normally wear a one piece Aerostich, I discovered that I really didn't need the electric vest at all. Each time I flicked it on, I got too warm. I needed the electric socks though...

For the price, the First Gear stuff is recommended by me.

Cheers,

Linz :)

The Rainier jacket has served me well here in the PNW. It's great for 3 seasons but the fourth one can be a cooker behind the RT fairing. It's well constructed at a decent price point, I'd buy it again.

Danny caddyshack Noonan
I wear First Gear Jacket and pants, and have for a few years. I have the Kilimanjaro Jacket, and REALLY like it.

+1 to that. Kili 4 jacket along with the pants.

Dont overlook the revit gear. My local BMW dealer sells it and the pants are great from what I have seen and tried on. I may buy a set myself soon. I am beginning to be a big fan of the revit gear. My revit gloves are top notch.

Archived