IGNORED

Touring boots for short legs..advice needed.

Casey

I'm looking for some good touring boots that are 8" or less in height. I've found the Fox Comp 5 Shorty and AXO Slammer Constructor Shorty. Although they're more made for dual sport riding, are more the height I'm looking for. I'm also not sure of the breathability of the above mentioned boots.

I've tried on regular height riding boots and they're just too tall. Or rather, I'm too short. :grin:

Any advice or links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Casey

Hi Casey

While I can’t recommend a boot that you will like or that is what you are looking for I can tell you about some Tour Master Reponse SC Road Boots I bought about 6 years ago.

I kind of bought the Tour Master Reponse SC Road Boots on a spur of the moment thing. I was in a motorcycle shop that had a great deal on those boots so tried a pair on. They fit me perfectly and felt like I had worn them forever so I bought a pair.

They were not expensive so I though nothing to lose. I have since taken a real liking to them in hot weather and for short around home trips. They have many many miles on them and no real wear other then the soles and so far no water leakage.

They are a little lacking in heavy rain as they are short (about 8” overall) so water gets over the top of the boot if my pant legs ride up even a little. Otherwise I really like them. They are my favorite boot if I have to do a lot of standing or walking when I get to destination.

The only thing that keeps me from wearing them for long multi day rides is they are short so not totally dry, like I mentioned above water gets over the tops. I have used them in driving rain but use overboot rain gaiters that come up my leg about 12” inches.

Not pitching these boots just relaying my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine has these ICON boots, and likes them, alot. Icon also has some other shorter boots. He's 'inseam challenged' and the thicker soles helps him flat-foot on a taller bike.

I have a pair of SIDI Doha boots. Good for warmer weather, not waterproof. Pretty comfortable and don't look like motorcycle boots.

My wife was having a heck of a time finding boots she liked. Finally she visited a local boot store and found some Bates Boots that she really likes. While they don't make motorcycle boots specifically, they do make military and police boots. According to their store locator there's a store that sells them in your neck of the woods. Might be worth checking out. Good luck.

I have a 27" inseam and am very happy with the Rocky, Alpha Force boots sold at Gander Mountain. The Rockies have laces but no hooks to rip your uholstery and a side zipper that has an inner seal flap for easy donning and doffing. They also have a pretty thick sole; something else that is beneficial to those that are vertically challenged.

Archived