IGNORED

Russian roulette

upflying

CoarsegoldKid
Is this an example of what you guys call "lane splitting"?

It depends on whether or not the rider was wearing pool shoes and swimming shorts.

russell_bynum
He certainly saved time on his commute. I can't imagine having that much faith in my fellow man.

---

Faith in your fellow man is detrimental when you're sharing the road with them.

I agree with those who said the video looked sped up.

Not sped up, but the camera wide angle lens distorts the perception of speed. If you look around more, it seems that he is traveling slower than the cars zipping by right next to him make it appear.

"At 1:53 he blows past a van and other cars that are stopped in front of a crosswalk. The lanes are clear ahead of the stopped cars so obviously the traffic is stopped there for pedestrian traffic."

=================================================================

I counted 6 crosswalks. How many jaywalkers?

No amount of skill let's you evade the laws of physics.

Stopped watching at 1.20...

I dont normally swear online but how do you say

'[censored]ing Twat'

in Russian?

...ooooh, cunning censorship algorithm on this forum! Respect.

Yeah, I would believe thats real. I lane split everyday (not nearly that fast) and its pretty much routine here in California. He seemed to have a fair amount of room in all of that.

Not all that hard to believe after riding in Italy last month....a bit over the line at times but really just a crazy young guy out to impress his friends (mission accomplished I'd say)....

russell_bynum
I really thought the ending would be a blank screen. Sooner or later it will be for this guy.

Pretty much the same story for all of us. Life is a terminal disease, for which there is no known cure.

The rider is definitely skillful. There were at least 3 situations where a car pulled into his lane and he changed lanes rapidly. His situational awareness is definitely top notch. I can't say the same for his mental state. He was definitely WELL OVER 30mph faster than the traffic in the slow sections. My personal opinion is that it is NOT possible to react safely at 30+mph lane splitting speeds. The margin of error is almost zero at 30+mph and it's Russian Roulette from there.

Hearing the sound of the engine and knowing how fast that bike is there was quite a bit of speed at times.

I am not sure why people keep posting the same video over and over in the same thread. I keep clicking thinking it's different.

It was like a video game I don't want to play in real life. Very scary.

I stubbed my toe this morning, man that hurt. I was thinking of how much a mistake would hurt in that video.

OUCH!

Archived