IGNORED

DEATH VALLEY PRE-RUN -NOV 12-14

mrduck

Ok.

So we are approaching the day. I have looked at the extended forecast and it looks ok. My plan is to leave Vallejo about 8 ish and head toward tahoe and up and over to 395, and then down to beatty. First time riding thru this area. Anyone taking the same route? Suggestions? Team up?

Coarsegoldkid your thoughts.

Thanks

Miguel

If you're coming south on 395 from Tahoe area, you have a couple choices to cross over to 95 (Beatty is on 95). Either 168 or 190 are great routes. If you take one of them over, take the other back on the way home.

Ok.

So we are approaching the day. I have looked at the extended forecast and it looks ok. My plan is to leave Vallejo about 8 ish and head toward tahoe and up and over to 395, and then down to beatty. First time riding thru this area. Anyone taking the same route? Suggestions? Team up?

Coarsegoldkid your thoughts.

Thanks

Miguel

Keep the CHP boys busy up on the northern 395 , so's we can sneak in unannounced from the south! :thumbsup:

(Tell 'em we said hi!)

Don J :wave:

Keep the CHP boys busy up on the northern 395 , so's we can sneak in unannounced from the south! :thumbsup:

(Tell 'em we said hi!)

Me thinks you prolly just did..... :grin:

On a car trip to Vegas and Zion, I had the opportunity to drive across the new Hover Dam bridge. WoW!! parked at the visitor center and took the trail up to the bridge and got to walk across the bridge. Spectacular views. Anyone anywhere close to Vegas on the DV run should detour such that you can see this bridge. A true wonder of the world. Can't see much driving over it because views are blocked so folks don't spook but the walk over the walkway is just spectacular. I'll post some pics when I get back. Add it to your route to or from DV.

John,

How's the traffic now? Still delays, or all opened up?

It is all opened up even to 18 wheelers. Very light traffic with 6 lanes across the bridge.

John,

How's the traffic now? Still delays, or all opened up?

It is all opened up even to 18 wheelers. Very light traffic with 6 lanes across the bridge.

Great!

Looks like Beemer Babe (Kathy), Oldmoto (Norm) and Redbrick (Phil) will be riding up 14-395 early Friday, over Westgard Pass (168) and down to Beatty......Probably be in Olancha for a late b'fast 9:30ish or so........Will be nice to see you folks again... :thumbsup:

Might be over in Ridgecrest on Friday Morning. If so will try to catch you all at Olancha..Never rode the 168 loop yet.

Still up in the air, will firm up plans midweek.

Might be over in Ridgecrest on Friday Morning. If so will try to catch you all at Olancha..Never rode the 168 loop yet.

Still up in the air, will firm up plans midweek.

OK Heck.........We'll keep an eye out for you....

Sadly I'm out. Just can't swing it. Our dinner reservations at the Sourdough are in place for January. See everyone there! Oh tee shirts should be available for the main DVD!

Sadly I'm out. Just can't swing it. Our dinner reservations at the Sourdough are in place for January. See everyone there! Oh tee shirts should be available for the main DVD!

Todd, gonna miss ya! And thanks from all of us for doing the real work setting up the January event! :clap:

We'll raise a toast to you, and try to behave ourselves. :rofl:

I'll be camping on the coast this weekend, but I'll be thinking of you guys. The road up to Scotty's Castle has been completely repaved and is in perfect condition. Have fun!

Dwight

Time to bring this ride back up! :clap:

Just got off the phone with the Exchange Club, put in my reservation for Saturday night. Due to schedule conflicts, won't be there Friday night-BUT-Saturday morning, around 10:00 am or so,a late breakfast in Olancha at the Ranch Cafe! From there,we'll figure out how to spend the rest of the day (Whitney Portal,Wildrose Canyon charcoal kilns, Darwin?)on the way back thru DV to Beautiful Downtown Beatty!

Anyone wanting a "somewhat entertaining" ride are welcome to join us. If not, have a good time exploring DV and we'll see ya later on Saturday afternoon in Beatty!

Hmm,

Breakfast at the world famous (infamous?) Ranch House Cafe and a "somewhat entertaining" day of riding eh?

See ya in Olancha! :thumbsup:

damn, i'm in Palm Springs and I wish I had my RT with me to get to death valley to ride this weekend. It would be $420 for me to rent one and I think that is too rich for my blood, considering I have one sitting in my garage. Have a great ride! the weather is beautiful.

damn, i'm in Palm Springs and I wish I had my RT with me to get to death valley to ride this weekend. It would be $420 for me to rent one and I think that is too rich for my blood, considering I have one sitting in my garage. Have a great ride! the weather is beautiful.

Just go in whatever you've got and hang out. You wouldn't be the first to put in an appearance in a cage.

Hi Don. Are you going to be at the chevron in Mojavi at 8:00? Hakan and myself can join you. Whitney portal looks clear but a little chilly. Looks like might be fun.Talk at breakfast.

Hi Don. Are you going to be at the chevron in Mojavi at 8:00? Hakan and myself can join you. Whitney portal looks clear but a little chilly. Looks like might be fun.Talk at breakfast.

:clap:

Yessiree Mojave Chevron around 8:00 am,then Olancha for breakfast.

We'll figure out sumthin' there!

Archived