IGNORED

RE: Insurance

Skywagon

Time for renewal on the bikes. I have Progressive and the rates have risen 28% in the last 2 years. Curios if others have seen the same.

I am going to look at other carriers. I am going to check State Farm, AAA, Foremost. Are there others I should check.

Thanks,

David

I use Dairyland. Rates are fine with me, and service has been exceptional. Had a top case fall off (my fault) in the driveway, they TOTALED the topcase, even though I told them I had a low-ish bid for repainting. I have $100 deductible with them. Two claims within a two year period, and my premiums went DOWN. A little bit.

1BMW.....I moved from Progressive to Allstate today. I compared the policies side by side and I can see no differnece except the Allstate policy is 66% Cheaper...Thanks for the tip.

AAA is also good, inexpensive, insurance. Anything but Progressive and Geiko. If they have that much money to advertize, they are most likely getting it from insurance premiums. AAA offered 2x the coverage at $200.00 less/year than Progressive.

IMHO

MotoGP

+1 on AAA

We have had everything with them for many years

Van, 2 Bikes, House, Boat, etc.

Get a good discounted bulk price

And they follow up quickly and completely with any claim we have submitted

I have state farm because I needed coverage for a motorcycle used in a business. Expensive.

I used to have progressive wasn't aware rates went up 28% in two years. They used to be pretty cheap. Bet too many squids discovered they were cheap and then wrecked the bike in the first 500 miles.

Amazing how we pay for insurance claims we had nothing to do with.

Lets_Play_Two
AAA is also good, inexpensive, insurance. Anything but Progressive and Geiko. If they have that much money to advertize, they are most likely getting it from insurance premiums. AAA offered 2x the coverage at $200.00 less/year than Progressive.

IMHO

MotoGP

Most likely they get all their money from insurance premiums.

1BMW.....I moved from Progressive to Allstate today. I compared the policies side by side and I can see no differnece except the Allstate policy is 66% Cheaper...Thanks for the tip.

Motorcycle insurance premiums continue to be inconsistent: For me, also in Texas, Allstate's quote was higher than Progressive and Foremost. My premium from Progressive this year is less than last year, contrary to Skywagon's experience.

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the state laws affect the cost of auto insurance substantially, so any comparison across state lines is pretty meaningless.

IMHO

100% correct. Some of you guys ought to spend a year here in NJ (highest rates in the nation) before complaining. I likely pay more to insure my RT than some of you pay for your house, cars, and bikes - combined!

-MKL

I don't know this for a fact, but I believe the state laws affect the cost of auto insurance substantially, so any comparison across state lines is pretty meaningless.

IMHO

...and comparisons between different counties in the same state. But Skywagon and I are in the same county where one of us got an increase from Progessive and the other a decrease.

Go figure that.

Paco...no clue what got into Progressive to continually raise my rate witout so much as a parking ticket and lower yours. It reached the point it was within $100 of my airplane insurance which is 15x more valuable. That caused me to go shopping. With all things equal here is the order they came in relative to price.

Alltate, Dairyland, Foremost, StateFarm, Geico, Progressive. The first three were relatively close. The next three were way out there. YMMV.

I did buy from Allstate locally here in Bellaire, Texas. I told them what I wanted, we put the policies side by side, and I can't see anything I am giving up and can see some extras I will receive with Allstate. The difference in rate on the two motorcycles was about $1000 year. Couldn't see throwing another grand to just stay with Progressive.

Progressive was at the Galveston LoneStar Motorcycle Rally this weekend. I stopped by and asked them about the issue...no acceptable explanation.

So...good or bad...I am now an Allstate client.

Jerry Johnston

I've had Progressive for the last ten years and it has always lowered of the years except the last four have been the same.

Archived