IGNORED

AAA Northern California Insurance

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

I stopped by Cycle Gear last Saturday to see what they had for their big sale and saw a AAA tent out in front. It was raining so I didn't stop.

But, the wife had to go pay DMV fees at AAA and asked what they were doing there. Turns out, they've decided to sell motorcycle insurance.

For those of us heavily invested in AAA (paying off my daughters several car indiscretions) this might be cool....especially the roadside assistance.

We've always had AAA in So. Cal. I can tell you that after my SO totaled a bike, they were more than fair, they looked for the same bike, found two in So. Cal and gave him the difference between the two bikes. It was more than he had paid for the bike. They also replaced his helmet, jacket, etc....even though he never really hit the ground. His injury....a bruise to the thigh where the handlebar hit him.

Sometimes I feel like they're charging us a fortune though. But at least the service is good.

skinny_tom (aka boney)
I stopped by Cycle Gear last Saturday to see what they had for their big sale and saw a AAA tent out in front. It was raining so I didn't stop.

But, the wife had to go pay DMV fees at AAA and asked what they were doing there. Turns out, they've decided to sell motorcycle insurance.

For those of us heavily invested in AAA (paying off my daughters several car indiscretions) this might be cool....especially the roadside assistance.

Last time I asked for a quote for the RT only, they wanted 2.5x what I was paying for 3 bikes with someone else.

And for roadside assistance? For as long as I can remember those of us in NorCal were SOL for motos. I heard rumor that might be/has changed, but I haven't checked.

Turns out, they've decided to sell motorcycle insurance.

For those of us heavily invested in AAA (paying off my daughters several car indiscretions) this might be cool....especially the roadside assistance

CSAA (serving NorCal & Nevada) has insured motorcycles for some time. Unless something has changed recently, roadside assistance is not offered for motorcycles.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

The reason I posted was that I was getting "nope" in response to my question on bike insurance and roadside assist up until earlier this year. Could have been an error the guy that I usually talk to though.

Got the pamphlet, roadside assistance is included automatically with Comp and Collision. For those who like three or four wheels on their M/C, coverage is extended to trailers behind bikes. There is peace of mind with AAA roadside, at least for me, compared to other companies. Once they found Sacto929 and I on 395, in the cell phone dead zone, they got my tow vehicle and trailer to Gardnerville quickly while we rode the DS bikes home.

The price will tell though.

I have the AAA Platinum card for my car. Wanted to use the service just over a year ago in New Mexico for a lost key on my motorcycle. After about 4 hours, was told they could NOT help, as the NORCAL CSAA did NOT extend to motorcycles!

I know I raised a LOT of stink, as CSAA refunded the cost of a taxi ride from Santa Fe to Whiterock, about $115. Unless they have changed in the past year, they WILL insure the bike, but they will NOT tow it! I use a different company for the insurance on my motorcycles, and will keep CSAA just for the car, as of now.

Archived