IGNORED

1150 RT Fuel Pump Relay Location?

Yeeha! Stephen

Yeeha! Stephen

Bike quit... Fuel Pump quit. Hauled it home.

Has spark. Will run squirting fuel down the air intake. Pump runs with a 12v jumper. Fuse is good. Swapped out just to check.

Fuel pump relay? Where is it?

I used to have a fuse box diagram for the 1150RT but I can't find it now that I need it. I know the fuse locations and assignments, but not the relays in the box... you still have one to display?

TIA (again)

SS

Yeeha! Stephen

Additionally... Test Light shows power to the fuse, hot fuse and after the fuse, but no power to the hot lead to the pump. No power at the connector by the fuel line disconnects.

Yeeha! Stephen

I hope I'm wrong...

Hooked up my GS911 and there is no comuniction with the engine controller. I have communtication with the ABS module, and can read the fault codes there, but "Communicaton Failed" is the error message on the Engine Controller button.

I'm thinking a bad Motronic unit.

Ugggghh. Someone tell me different please.

The relay is number 6 according to my manual. Just trade places with all four of them (2 at a time). If the pump works you've isolated your problem.

Morning Stephen

The fuel pump relay is the first relay to the right side of the center partition in fuse box or if a standard fuse box the 4th relay in form the L/H (shifter) side.

As far as no communication with the Motronic? That is puzzling. It could be no battery or ignition power to the Motronic but if that were so you probably wouldn’t have a spark.

Check ALL fuses, if OK make sure the GS-911 is working OK and the pins are all fully seated and OK in the test port socket.

Yeeha! Stephen

OK Boys!

Found the prob with my bike. Bad fuel pump relay.

Bike had spark. Bike ran if I squirted fuel down the intake. but, the pump wouldn't run.

Pulled the tank and ran a 12v jumper to the pump and the pump ran.

Test light showed good power to and accross the fuses. Fuses good, relays next.

4th relay from the left is correct (thank you very much!) it was the fuel pump relay.

Pulled the relay and hit the sockets with the test light. Good power to the relay, and good power to the ignition/hot side of the relay socket when the key was on.

So, I hoped it must be the relay. Yep. Swapped it with another and the pump runs with the ignition key!

I'm gonna go ahead and replace them all since they are all originals. Might be time for the others to die also.

So, as soon as I can get new ones ordered, I'll be rolling again!

Sure am glsd it wasn't that $$$$$$$$ Motronic CPU thingy!!!!!

Down the Road!

Stephen

Archived