IGNORED

CB Radio and Bluetooth

kdoddrell

I just tried out yesterday my new BMW System 6 helmet. Works very nicely with Zumo, phone etc.

Now I need to get a CB radio bluetoothed to the helmet. On my RT I have the BMW branded JM Corp CB, but when I get the K1600GT I really need a Bluetooth CB.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

I just tried out yesterday my new BMW System 6 helmet. Works very nicely with Zumo, phone etc.

Now I need to get a CB radio bluetoothed to the helmet. On my RT I have the BMW branded JM Corp CB, but when I get the K1600GT I really need a Bluetooth CB.

Any thoughts?

Kevin

Kevin:

The details of the 1600's audio system are still a bit of a mystery, just yet. Depending on what else you want to pair to your BT headset, you may be out of luck pairing another BT device like a BT dongle (adapter) at the same time. *IF* the System 5 supports multiple 'headset profiles' you could use a BT dongle, like a Jabra A210. These are no longer made, but you can find 'em typically for under $20 on the Net or FleaBay. So, if you get a hand-held CB like a Cobra HH38WXST, an adapter could be made to connect the Jabra dongle.

You could potentially have radio frequency interference issues from the CB getting into the Jabra's audio circuit, and we could help address that.

I suggest holding off doing anything 'til you have your new bike, and then we could explore the possibilities.

Thanks Adam.

The System 6 BT comms supports 3 different profiles. So I see that I will only be using one paired with the GPS, which will do NAV directions, phone and MP3 (I hope). Just like the Zumo 550 does.

So that should leave me free to pair to another dongle (I hope).

I agree to wait and see what transpires over the next 5 months, but just starting to do some advance thinking.

Cheers

Archived