IGNORED

BMW Battery Tender Recommendation

telekon

Greetings -

Brand new to the forum (as of today). After 28 years of owning & riding street motorcycles, I finally purchased my first BMW.

Being from Minnesota, I bought this motorbike just in time to put it away for the winter. Looking for your battery tender recommendations, knowing I need to consider the European connector.

Any thoughts or advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to all the benefits of this site.

Thank you -

Any "smart" tender will do the trick, and you can run the connection direct to the battery. If you have heated gear, likely you already have a 15-20A fused pigtail running to your battery you can use. You do not need to buy a BMW charger, nor do you have to charge through the BMW plug connection point.

-MKL

I run the battery tender Jr. It comes with a pig tail that just connects to the battery and i ran the end down to the right side right next to the rear brake resevoir and zip tied it to the frame in the middle of the open area of the side cover. easy to reach and not really visible yet out of the way.

Archived