IGNORED

V1 Info

Bigfish

Bought my V1 used and it came with the additional small device that enables you to hear via speakers in your helmet. Also have the added LED lights that connect into the back speaker hole of the smaller device.

My question - If you have the speaker wire plugged in to receive audio, do the LEDs not activate. I was never able to see the LEDs work when all was plugged in. The other night, I unplugged the connection from the front of the small device and only had the LEDs connected to the speaker hole in the rear and the LEDs worked great.

Guess I'm just looking for confirmation that you either get Audible in helmet or Lights on LED but not both.

Your thoughts?

Not knowing for sure what your LEDs are I'm guessing two possiblities. One would be you have the LEDs from Marc Parnes which plug into the speaker jack on the remote audio which would eliminate your audio. You might be able to install a Y connector but your LEDs may not work if the volume is turned down. If you have V1s concealed display which I beleive would enable both audio and visual. You can download an owners manual on V1s website

In response to:

Poster: Bigfish

Subject: Re: V1 Info

Bought my V1 used and it came with the additional small device that enables you to hear via speakers in your helmet. Also have the added LED lights that connect into the back speaker hole of the smaller device.

Did you get both for $399.00? I'm looking at purchasing a V1 in the near future.

I had some questions and e-mailed Mark Parnes and he was very helpful to the point giving me a call and answering my questions. I was thinking about the Y connector thing and using 2 LED alerts. He thought this would work however; I never got around to trying it. You might give him an e-mail.

Not knowing for sure what your LEDs are I'm guessing two possiblities. One would be you have the LEDs from Marc Parnes which plug into the speaker jack on the remote audio which would eliminate your audio. You might be able to install a Y connector but your LEDs may not work if the volume is turned down. If you have V1s concealed display which I beleive would enable both audio and visual. You can download an owners manual on V1s website

Yes, it is the Mark Parns LEDs. I believe you answered my question. THANKS!

Too bad that both do not work together. I'll just need to remember to unplug the front audio if not planning to be linked into my autocom.

Archived