IGNORED

Leatt Brace

flashman51

Has anyone tried these braces for street use? I commute 600 miles a week on my RT, sometimes in heavy traffic. I thought this might be a useful tool.

They are reasonably comfortable, but i think for street use they may limit a lot of neccesary movement. They dont stop all up and down movement, but it is restricted a good bit. It may affect your ability to back and down for lane changes and mirror checks.

There is also some mixed reports on the effectiveness of them and if they add other possibilities for injuries.

No denying that in a crash that is bad enough to break your neck they will help prevent or diminish that, but in a more minor crash there is some studies that show potential to break collar bones, ribs, and even hurt your spine.

Just one of those damned if you do, damned if you dont deals.

Side point here, I havent seen alot of broken neck in street bike crashes, at least not ALOT. In motocross, you jump very high and crashes are very common. So the brace is very helpful in a high speed jump crash like over a triple where you will tumble and bounce very hard. They definately are a good thing in that environment. Not so sure if it is the right tool for a street bike crash. JMHO tho.

Archived