IGNORED

Autocom Active-Plus to accessory socket

blackyam

94aero, thanks for your reply.

Now, please bear with me, for I'm a complete idiot about these things. I searched Whitehorse Gear for "powerlet male socket" and got this: LINK. Now what, that is, what should I get and what should I do? TIA again.

---John.

John Bentall and johnlt, thanks for your replies.

That's terrific. I will try to make the cable. (I wonder if I can use a coiled wire somehow, to help avoid tugging on the part that plugs into the Autocom.)

I generally use the Autocom only when my wife rides pillion, and that's not very often. In that case, I would put a 9V battery into the unit (that she then carries in a fanny pack); however, sometimes it doesn't last the ride, and it's not always convenient to stop to swap batteries. That's why I'd like to be able to plug the Autocom into an accessory socket (instead of hard-wiring it to the battery or some other hot wire).

Thanks again.

---John.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, again. What is the correct coil cord that I can use to make a connector for my Autocom and where can I buy one (that stretches to, say, 5ft, but is only a couple of feet when not stretched)? I didn't see just a coiled cord with a male socket at the Powerlet web site. Thanks.

---John.

Archived