IGNORED

sirius radio

jc99

Just bought a brand new GSA 1200..first time poster

Has anyone tried mounting a sirius radio on their bike? any tips or advice would be helpful. Can standard ipod type connector headphones be used? can more than one person listen at a time via headphones? Al made me a nice pair of earplugs/headphones that i would love to use with the sirius radio...

jc99

I have had a Sirius radio installed for over 2 years. The unit is not waterproof but I took care of that with a sandwich plastic bag over it. I have it hooked up to my Autocom which allows me and a pillion to listen in (never did ride with a pillion though). I will be removing it in the next couple of weeks because my subscription ran out. Now, I will look for the puck to connect to my Zumo.

Get a Zumo. Why buy a separate radio when you can do the puck antenna for the Zumo? It's waterproof and integrates with the GPS. It's XM and not Sirius, but you can get the Best of Sirius package with your subscription.

h113GXM30Tp.jpg

ditto on above.

Using an Autocom both of us can listen to XM/cell/GPS etc.

No weather problems that way.

Have had a sirius for several years. Works great on the R/RT and, although it's not waterproof, I've tired of putting a bag on it so now I just leave it in the rain and it's done fine in several downpours. But each unit is different.

jc99 -

The radio I have is a Streamer GT. I think it is a few years old as I bought it used on this board (with the service still on it!!!). As I said above, it is coming off in the next few days as the service ran out (hint - will sell it cheap ;) ).

I have a sirius radio.

the dock for the radio is mounted to the bike with a ram attachment. I remove the radio when not needed. works fine.

Archived