IGNORED

Speaking About Helmets...(C3)

Angel

I'll assume that most of us are aware of Shuberth's new C3 helmet. You may have even caught yourself lusting for one, i have :grin: )

I've tried one on at the the moto-show for a few minutes and I have read all the promo shwag (hype?).

Still, given the comparative "heft" of the price for one of these lids, I wanna hear hear from the folks out there that currently own a C3.

1. What do you NOT like about this helmet?

2. How long have you owned it?

cheers!

Hi Angel, good to hear from you. I have had one for 3 months now and love it. I had the original Concept, then a C2 and when the C3 came out I wanted one but went for the Nolan NCOM instead. The Nolan worked very well but was very loud. I had to wear ear plugs when wearing the Nolan. I finally did a little consulting on the side and got a C3. I love it. Very quiet and very light weight. Significantly lighter than any other helmet I've worn. Much better than the C2. The chin strap clasp is easier to use (like the Nolan) and the internal shield is also better than the C2. Unlike the C2, all the internal liner/pads can be removed for washing and speaker installation. It was a snap to install my autocom speakers and mic. I can hear the speakers clearly even at interstate speeds. No need for ear plugs either. Comes with pin loc installed and shield can be removed without tools. It is expensive but I'd do it again.

I have had the C3 since Feb. Not much riding with it since then but I am pleased with every aspect of it. I have upgraded from the C2 and the biggest thing noticeable is the weight. This thing is like a feather. It is much quieter than the C2 also but I run Ztecs on my C and I also still like to wear ear plugs which makes the noise really quiet- living room quiet. It was a breeze to install my Interphone and MP3 player. No cutting of the liner and plenty of pocket room for speakers. The visors, both outer and inner sun are great! The double walled visor has absolutely no fogging issues as the old C2 had and the sun visor is a shade darker with better coverage and easier to operate with the left side slider. Ventilation is very much improved also. There is a very positive seal when the visor comes down. I had issues with the C2 but I do not think I will with the C3 in the rain although as yet untested.

You will not be disapointed.

malcolmblalock

I bought a C3 a few weeks ago, replacing a 12-month old Shoei Multitec. I really liked the Multitec, but decided that the reduced weight and quieter (advertied) C3 might be better for my old neck and bad ears.

The C3 lives up to it's hype, IMO. It is significantly lighter than other modular helmets I've owned. And it is quieter, as advertised. The sunshield works great; easy to use and to adjust with a left gloved hand. I like Pinlock systems, and this one works like it should. And the ventilation is great; the best of any helmet I"ve owned. The Multitec is ventilated almost as well, but the C3 is definitely better.

My only complaint is I'm having some problems with the Autocom speakers pressing against my ears, causing real pain after an hour or so of riding. I'm going to continue moving them in the pockets until I find the right place, but until then, they are pretty uncomfortable.

I just returned from a 5-day ride of 1,300 miles. I rode home (350 miles) yesterday in the rain, wearing no earplugs, and the helmet worked great. No fogging. I could still hear when I got home (although ears very sore). And neck wasn't aching like other helmets caused.

Even though very pricey, it's worth the money to me. I have only one neck and my ears will never be any better. So, taking the best care of them I can is worth a few more bucks...

RussInParis

We had C2s, and looked at C3s before going with BMW System6 helmets; System6 was cheaper and claimed to be lighter.

If you have trouble with in-helmet speakers, try the "hot spoon" approach to make the pockets a little deeper. Worked for us.

The interior shape of the helmet is different; for me it is much better than the C2.

Russ

CruisinCruzan

Don't have one but I did buy my wife the W version. She feels it is more comfortable (really likes the W version lining), quieter, lighter than her Nolan it replaced. The ventilation is about the same but that may be from the fact she has such thick hair. I don't think she would notice anything less than a hurricane. All in all if it self destructed she would get another one. The one thing she has never liked is flip down tinted visors. I have always removed them and it is the same with the C3. She prefers wearing sunglasses.

I put black electrical tape across the top of the flip down sun screen so not only does it result in a large sun screen, the tape acts like a visor to cut off the rising or setting sun. It really works well. My Nolan sun screen wasn't as large so I also put black electrical tape across the top then cut the rest off so I only use it as a flip down visor. It too works great riding into the sun.

Thank you all for your reviews.

I'm using a Nolan and I have liked using it. However, all relationships must come to an end... its loud, no ventilation to speak of and although I do wear earplugs, I never was able to situate the autocom speakers for comfort.

A.

Archived