IGNORED

Areostich Darien Light

dog house

Use the pants year round. Use the jacket when it rains and when the high is 60 degrees or below. Its black and just too hot when its above 80 degrees. Like the jacket's features except for the back protector. Combo of bike's seat and my body makes it ride up pushing on the collar. Also wish the shoulder and elbow pads were sewn in instead of velcro.

Bill

I bought the Darien jacket and pants in '02 and use them in all conditions except when it gets real warm in the summer. I have tried on the Darien lite when I have been to the factory and I think it would be a great choice. Great people to work with and I have no complaints.

:lurk:

I've had one for a few years. I used it on the bike in the fall and spring, but I use a Roadcrafter in the winter, BMW light stuff in the summer. Like the RC, the Darien has a ton of pockets, which I like a lot.

I also used it for snowboarding and skiing and hiking in the woods in snowstorms. It has held up well and still looks new.

A few months ago I decided to go back to leather, so I bought a Transit suit. Given how excellent as well as expensive the Transit is, I feel compelled to wear it for every ride, and the Darien has been hanging in the closet since then, through no fault of its own.

Thanks for the comments. I realize it may not have the abrasion resistance of the standard Darien, but I usually bake during the summer and I thought that with the tan color option, combined with the ventilation this will make me a happy camper. That and I'm usually only able to enjoy the warmer weather period of riding and commuting because of work and travel commitments.

I'm hoping to get down to Aerostich early in May and try some sizes on.

Cheers

Archived