IGNORED

Where can I get SmarTire sensors?

Mdcruiser

Mdcruiser

I have had SmarTire installed on my R1200RT since I got it in 2006. This tire sensor system is fantastic.

I'm due to get another set of tires this week. The sensors have an expected life of 5 years, so it doesn't seem wise to pay to have them re-installed on the new tires. Alas, the SmarTire motorcycle sensors site indicates that they no longer manufacture the motorcycle sensors, but that local dealers may still have stock.

My question is, does anyone know who has new sensors? My display is installed and works just fine. Need to act quickly, as I'm getting my Pilot Road 2's very soon.

Thanks much!

I know someone that has the smartire syst, and he ran into the same deal last year. I think he was told by smartire that any wheel sensor will work with the system... And on that note he found a pair of the smartire sensors new (ebay maybe) and put those in, so he hasn't had to try other ones...yet.

Mdcruiser

Actually I've seen conflicting reports on this. It all depends on the shape of the inside of our wheels (in my case, the R12RT wheel). Most bike wheels are slightly concave inside. Only the SmarTire bike sensor is concave in shape. The car sensors are perfectly flat. [Note -- the car sensors have also been discontinued, but I have found at least one place that stocks a few. However I have not ordered for the reason just described.]

Archived