IGNORED

Anti Glare Instrument Cover?

GoldenK9

I checked around in the Search area and kept coming up with Police AGATT (or something like that).

Does anyone know of a film or cover to go over the instruments on a

2005 R1200RT? I'm getting tired of looking at "me" while driving down the road. The reflection in the clear plastic instrument cover is terrible in most daylight conditions.

Thanks in Advance.

dirtrider

Afternoon Ken

Won’t matter what you put on that IP lens. Once you kill the reflections the thing will be so faded in the sun you won’t be able to see it anyway. (low cost LCD = low viewability)

That has to be the worst engineered and lamest tested thing I have ever seen on a modern motorcycle.

Seems to be the BMW motto anymore—Keep re-engineering it until it isn’t functional anymore.

I can’t see a thing unless the sun is directly behind me, luckily I can see my GPS screen.

Douglas Arnold

Go to Ebay and locate a glare screen for an iPad or something similar in size and cut to fit. You may need a couple of them and since they're a static cling or sometimes an adhesive fit they do a good job.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kakugo

I've asked my brother, who worked in the computer industry for years, about a good anti-glare film for exactly the same purpose.

His answer: "Keep the money, they won't work".

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately D.R., I think you are correct. The German way seems to always be over engineer it. Sometimes that's great. Other times, not so great. This is one of them.

Kakugo, When I went to Best Buy to check out the anti-glare or

protection covers for I-Pads, GPS's and so on, they suggested going to a window tinting business, since they do that kind of thing all of the time. I have a friend here in that business, I'll check it out and report back.

My bike goes into the shop for service on Wednesday, I'll have to check out K-GT frame thing. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

As a follow up to my original post, I went to my local Best Buy and bought a Zagg Anti Glare Screen Protector for an IPad (about the

largest available at that time). I cut to fit over Tach and Speedo, then the OB Computer Screen and Warning Light section. After several months I have to say, it works much better than I expected. At least it's not like looking into a mirror. The $25 was well worth it.

Archived