IGNORED

SENA SMH10 BlueTooth

topdal46

Bought a pair from Rocket Moto $259.

Wow, I'm impressed, these things work great.

Bike 2 Bike, Cell Phone calls, even my old Garmin 2720 non bluetooth GPS, I added a bluetooth adapter I found on Amazon for $28.00

I have one as well, and it has really impressed me so far. I haven't used it as an intercom or for bike to bike yet, but it works perfect for my solo riding. Even used it for streaming Pandora and Sirius through my iPhone while buzzing around one day.

I think I'm going to get a different helmet mount for mine though. The stock one works well, but the boom mike keeps getting in my way. My fat head fills every square inch of a XL helmet. I think I'm going to try out the mount that has the plub for earbuds and a stick on mike Vs. the boom mike.

I have the same set (pair) but have phone issues with using the Zumo 660 as the hub. Recent update to Zumo may be the issue (4.2 firmware). Sena certainly is the leader in BT technology.. but with Zumo as BT "hub", MP3, GPS voice commands are GREAT, phone calls to ZUMO>SENA are very hit or miss... (Phone-Samsung sch-u960 "Rogue") According to Dan Kim at SENA, ANDROID based phones are the "best" at BT pairing options.. looks like what I'll get next. Hopefully problem solved...

(Thread on ZUMOFORUMS re: these issues...)

szurszewski

I think I'm going to get a different helmet mount for mine though. The stock one works well, but the boom mike keeps getting in my way. My fat head fills every square inch of a XL helmet. I think I'm going to try out the mount that has the plub for earbuds and a stick on mike Vs. the boom mike.

I've had my set since the end of summer and I really like it as well, but also have issues with the mic. I'd much rather have a stick on mic but I haven't seen such a setup for a modular helmet...

Yes, I have paired with 3 other units,my Zumo 550 and an Android phone.

I also use molded ear plugs with built in speakers.

Works a treat .

next attempt will be with my bike's audio.

lawnchairboy

we missed you... but I did use the B2B intercom, sound quality is fantastic, although I haven't yet quite figured it all out.... I was able to respond and talk but couldn't consistently figure on how to initiate the B2B comms... phone/music/nav via phone all worked great at BRR. Lou's bluetooth was apparently incompatible with my sena unit but that doesn't really matter where you have cell coverage, I phoned him a couple of times during the route and it was flawless.

RocketMoto

There are two clamp kits - one with helmet speakers and another for ear bud use; A0303 and A0303. Both include two mics - a low profile chinbar mic and a boom that isn't attached to the clamp itself. The boom is really better for a flip helmet, and the wired chinbar mic lead could easily be damaged in the mechanism when closing the helmet.

We typically have the clamps kits in stock.

Jerry in Monument

I am debating between the Autocom and Sena. The $$ of the Sena wins easily.

One thing I don't like is having to buy the SMH10D and then spend more $$ on the A0304 to get the ear buds and wired mic.

You would think tthey would give you the option to choose.

You would think they would give you the option to choose.

That would have been nice, true.

But the kit sure works nicely and I only use the earbuds on the longer trips.

I believe that you would like the SMH-10 enough that the cost would be forgotten.

I have zero experience with any other Bluetooth units though.

Jerry in Monument

You would think they would give you the option to choose.

That would have been nice, true.

But the kit sure works nicely and I only use the earbuds on the longer trips.

I believe that you would like the SMH-10 enough that the cost would be forgotten.

I have zero experience with any other Bluetooth units though.

You very well could be right.

I just figure if we can put people inside a reusable bottle rocket and send them into space, we should be able to provide an either/or option on a BT communications product.

Another question I have is can the Sena be paired to a BT helmet like an O'Neal?

I have a friend that uses an O'Neal and we are heading to Yellowstone this July. It would be nice to be able to chat.

I'll probably have to get with Adam @ RocketMoto to get some more answers.

^^ I believe the answer (from Adam) will be No.(re: connection to O'Neal helmet) There are no industry standards for BT inter-compatibility.

What BT unit is in your friends O'Neal helmet, BTW??

Jerry in Monument
^^ I believe the answer (from Adam) will be No.(re: connection to O'Neal helmet) There are no industry standards for BT inter-compatibility.

What BT unit is in your friends O'Neal helmet, BTW??

I'm figuring on the disappointment of not being able to connect with his helmet.

Not sure of what BT unit O'Neal uses. It's one of those built-in BT helmets.

His helmet is the O'Neal Element.

I have the same set (pair) but have phone issues with using the Zumo 660 as the hub. Recent update to Zumo may be the issue (4.2 firmware). Sena certainly is the leader in BT technology.. but with Zumo as BT "hub", MP3, GPS voice commands are GREAT, phone calls to ZUMO>SENA are very hit or miss... (Phone-Samsung sch-u960 "Rogue") According to Dan Kim at SENA, ANDROID based phones are the "best" at BT pairing options.. looks like what I'll get next. Hopefully problem solved...

(Thread on ZUMOFORUMS re: these issues...)

Sent question to tech support re: my phone BT issues (since upgrade on Zumo 660 to 4.2 firmware)to Garmin. How's this shizzle!^*&%&^&$ seems with the upgrade to 4.2 my cell-phone is no longer a "supported" phone thus the issues with connectivity...

I'm pretty sure the O'Neal is using the VCAN Blinc M1 built in to the helmet. Almost bought the O'Neal but it didn't fit my head.

Is it possible to pair two helmets for intercom, and pair a GPS (Zumo 660) so both rider and passenger can hear the GPS voice commands?

Stan

Is it possible to pair two helmets for intercom, and pair a GPS (Zumo 660) so both rider and passenger can hear the GPS voice commands?

Stan

I don't think so, but I'm not sure if its a limitation of the headsets or the Zumo. The problem being that the Zumo would only be able to transmit one audio signal at a time to one destination. In order for you both to hear it, the Zumo would need two separate bluetooth transmitting channels. The same sort of thing happens when listening to music. You both can't listen to the same audio source without getting creative. I like this because it allows me to pair with my iPhone for MY music and phone calls, and my wife can pair with her iPhone so she can have HER music and phone calls. We can talk back and forth, but each have our own entertainment. I think the only way you could both share the same audio source would be to split the audio signal into two separate bluetooth dongles and pair one with each headset.

So I'm screwing around in the garage tonight and I had this thought........What else can I use this for?

I ended up walking over to my closet and pulling out my snowboarding helmet. I'll be damned, it mounts perfectly to the side of it. This is gonna be sweet. Can't wait to try it out next winter

Archived