IGNORED

New Sargent seat

NeilCW

Got my new Sargent low seat today, what an improvement! Makes for a very comfortable riding position, I don't feel like I am being pushed into the seat anymore and I am sure the wife will like the pillar seating just as much. The seat height is fine, I get both feet down firmly on the ground and I can toe it off the center stand with no problems.

Good stuff!

How does it hold up in the sun and weather? First thing I noticed is that it heats up in the sun, I already put a towel over it (I'm at work)

I've only had mine for about 2 years now, and it is in a garage when not out on a trip. So not a great amount of exposure to sun and weather. But so far, it is still like new. Yes, it does get hot in the sun, though.

I put 30,000 miles and three years on the one I bought for my 1100rt. When I sold it it looked like new. The purchaser emailed me and said he was really pleased. After my first ride over one hour on my 1200rt I ordered a Sargent seat.

Got my new Sargent low seat today, what an improvement! Makes for a very comfortable riding position, I don't feel like I am being pushed into the seat anymore and I am sure the wife will like the pillar seating just as much. The seat height is fine, I get both feet down firmly on the ground and I can toe it off the center stand with no problems.

Could you post a photo? My 99 RT came with Sargent seats, but I always found the pilot seat too flat, and a little high for my 29" inseam. I picked up a Bill Meyer seat from a board member last year, but it was made for his wife, and was way too low (and without padding, as a result) for me. I did a pretty good job of reshaping it to my taste, but I sometimes think about riding down to JAX to have the front Sargent redone to fit me better.

Could you post a photo? My 99 RT came with Sargent seats, but I always found the pilot seat too flat, and a little high for my 29" inseam. I picked up a Bill Meyer seat from a board member last year, but it was made for his wife, and was way too low (and without padding, as a result) for me. I did a pretty good job of reshaping it to my taste, but I sometimes think about riding down to JAX to have the front Sargent redone to fit me better.

Sure, I'll take a few pictures and post them in a couple of days

baggerchris

The Sargent made Bonbon, the 97 RT rideable for ultra long distances for me. The Sargent made Pepper the 06 GS wonderful and an all day rider, and the new 650GS twin has one on it also. I have had a great time with them and my butt and back thank them.

Archived