IGNORED

Instructions for tankbag?!

Jud

My girlfriend bought me the $300+ BMW tankbag that clips onto the R1200RT tank. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't understand the liner with drawstring and snap. I did go to colledge. :dopeslap:

The liner expands to form a waterproof barrier. Expand the liner to cover the tankbag (inside) and pull the draw string. It works.

Ok, thanks. There is a snap on the liner that would appear to fasten to the underside of the "lid." What is that for? I'm going to love this tank bag, once I figure it out! :-)

"Never mind," as Lily Tomlin(?) used to say. My son explained the snap thing. I knew there was a reason we had kids...

Glenn Reed
"Never mind," as Lily Tomlin(?) used to say. My son explained the snap thing. I knew there was a reason we had kids...

Actually,

on Saturday Night Live.

As for having kids, it's to help the economy, isn't it? I know my money doesn't get a chance to stay in the bank for long, at least not in my account.

I thought the kids were just for the tax deduction. And so someone will visit me in the "home."

I puzzled over the odd tankbag design, too. Like a few other things BMW, it seems unnecessarily over-engineered and different. But the tankbag does look like it will be waterproof if strapped to a submarine, so that's a good thing.

pete

I puzzled over the odd tankbag design, too. Like a few other things BMW, it seems unnecessarily over-engineered and different. But the tankbag does look like it will be waterproof if strapped to a submarine, so that's a good thing.

pete

And it's well insulated. Cold things stay cold, and hot things stay hot.

Now I feel rather stupid... I have two of them. One is an older one with the black liner and a single pull cord. the other has a grey liner with the pull cord and the 4 tie outs in the corner to hold the liner back out of the way.

Both have snaps.. and it seems like the liner is supposed to snap into the snap on the cover, but WHY? what purpose does it serve? I can't figure that part out..(like I said, I feel less smart than a 6th grader)

Archived