IGNORED

Best tank bag for the $

GREGSSS

Looking to buy a tank bag for my '07 RT and not looking to drop 3 bills on the BMW bag. Looking for something expandable up to about 17L.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

BeemerLover

Look on eBay for MotoPak bags. They are inexpensive and extremely well made. I had two of them when I had a R1200C. One was a really useful laptop/briefcase tankbag and the other was a three level tankbag with map pockets in every level. They were magnetic as the "C" had a metal tank. Don't know if they are still listed on eBay but it would be worth a look-see. My '07 RT came with a tank bag (Tourmaster) which has worked very well.

BeemerLover

Danny, don't know, you might look on eBay and see if there is a phone number to call. I called them several years ago to ask a question and they are nice people. Ask if they have a non-magnetic one and how it attaches.

Kitsap... you don't receive PM's... so, I wanted to ask you how you mounted you RKA bag to the stock pan. The bag is a much better size than the BMW bag and looks better too. Could you post some mounting photo's or, email them? Thanks!!

Kitsap... you don't receive PM's... so, I wanted to ask you how you mounted you RKA bag to the stock pan. The bag is a much better size than the BMW bag and looks better too. Could you post some mounting photo's or, email them? Thanks!!

That's news to me as I've been receiving them from others.

To your question, I used the fasteners that held the original bag in place but added thin plastic washers to spread the load with the new bag. I used an awl to make the holes in the bag and used my wife's seem ripper to undo the stitching of the tank straps no longer needed.

Archived