IGNORED

Cee Bailey

Lmar

My Cee Bailey came in late last week. Installed it on Friday and took it on a 1200 km trip yesterday to visit my daughter.

What a big difference from the stock windshield. Creates a nice quiet pocket for the rider. A great investment.

RussInParis

Hey Lmar,

Details, we want details!

...actually reason I'm asking is I just got my CeeBaileys +2/+3 heigh/width with the flip at the end (forget what style they call that). I'm 6'2" with 34" inseam, and while this shield is definitely quieter than stock it also looks BIG. Makes the bike look even bigger. I hardly even raise it even on the highway.

I'm wondering if I could have gotten away with a lower screen with that flip.

Anyway, glad you like yours.

Russ

I'm 5'11" with an inseam of 32" I ordered the +1" in height and 3" wider than stock shield. It doesn't look big, looks normal to me. I keep my Sargent Seat on the lower setting.

Hopefully it will quiet down the air turbulence for my wife.

I'm wondering if I could have gotten away with a lower screen with that flip.

Acrylic is very easy stuff to work with. Mask off the screen, draw a new line, and cut it down with a jigsaw. Then wet-sand the edge with progressively finer paper, finishing with polishing compound. After getting a mirror finish, I actually went the other way, wet sanding the top edge to a matte finish to get rid of reflections.

PeterSonic

I had the Cee Bailey on my 1100 and when I got my 1200, the first thing I did was to replace the stock windshield with a CB, 1" taller and 3" wider. Because of the the flip, I can run with my windshield lower giving me a great unobstucted view.

Archived