IGNORED

Cee Bailey Sport shield question.....

johnhunter44

johnhunter44

I may be purchasing a Cee Bailey's Sport shield for my standard suspension 2009 RT. I have a question for those that have this shield. When I put my OEM shield all the way down to give me maximum air flo, I take a burst of air right in my helmet making it too noisy (5'9" tall, 30" inseam). If I raise the shield about an inch, this noise fades. Does the sport shield increase the air I will get over the OEM (which I want to keep cooler) without making it so noisy? I love the looks of the dark grey tint on a silver bike in the sport shield. Are there any other sport shields I should consider?

I have the sort shield and it does add more air over top. I can't say it's more noisy but then I wear ear plugs so it really doesn't matter much. Not to turn this into an ear plug thread but I started wearing them last year and will never go back to not wearing them - except for short trips around town. Much less fatiguing in my opinion.

For what it's worth, I am very happy with the shorter sport shield. The only complaint, if you want to call it that, is the curve on the arms that hold the shield on is slightly straighter on the CB shield, leaving a bit of a gap (1/8") in the middle area. The stock shield is a bit more rounded in that area. I may have an older model. I picked it up at my local dealer for $90 so I'm willing to put up with it.

The nice part of this shield is that on the highway if you want the wind off you it works almost as effectively as the stock shield.

Archived