IGNORED

mesh pants

wsg112

I'm curious about the difference between the olympia recon pants and the tourmaster tracker pants. I'm planning a trip south and wish to have some protection along with some air.

Unfortunately I cannot tell you about those brands...

But I can tell you I have been in First Gear mesh pants for several years. I liked them but... I bought the BMW Summer 2 Pants this week... nuff said.

I don't know anything about the tourmaster trackers. I own the Olympia Air Glide (full length mesh) pants and like them. I decided to look at the Recon's last weekend, and like hopz, ended up buying a pair of the BMW Summer Pants.

Not mesh, but lightweight, much better armor, and they just felt better. They are more of a PITA putting on my boots, but that's just not as big a deal in the overall scheme of things.

I took them out for three hours this morning, and they didn't get warm at all.

In response to:

Poster: Glenn Reed

Subject: Re: mesh pants

I own the Olympia Air Glide (full length mesh) pants and like them.

+1

I wore the Tourmaster Flex pants last Summer on a 11,800 mile trip and they worked out very well. Have the removable panels for use in cold weather and once removed have mesh underneath for hot weather. Had snow in late June in the Rockies and 100 temps 3 days later in Portland. Have not tried others, but the Tourmaster Flex pants worked well and good quality.

Archived