IGNORED

Factory Satelite Radio Question

RT66Rider

My only experience with satellite radio is by way of a Delphi Roady XT.

With this type of unit, you find a dead spot on your FM dial and then sync the satellite radio to this frequency.

The problem that I have had with this arrangement is that if I travel to a locale that has an FM station broadcasting on that particular setting, then it will override the satellite reception.

My question is, do factory installed Satellite Radios eliminate this problem ?

The bike's amp can be switched to (sourced from) AM, FM, Sat, USB, MP3 input, etc., assuming you have the latter 2 options.

I got 3 months free Sirius radio with my Kia Soul, but I let it lapse, because I can stick a 16 GB jump drive in and get the music I want.

My new RT has 12 months free Sirius, and I anticipate keeping it. I pick a genre, and let Sirius select the songs. It does the USB thing also, but one less thing to think about.

Michael,

If your car radio has an aux input you can just get an audio cable like this. You then just connect the satellite radio to your car radio directly. The sound quality is better and no worries about station interference.

Michael,

If your car radio has an aux input you can just get an audio cable like this. You then just connect the satellite radio to your car radio directly. The sound quality is better and no worries about station interference.

OK, if I connect using this, is it still necessary to place Satellite Radio's magnetic antenna near the FM antenna ?

Michael,

OK, if I connect using this, is it still necessary to place Satellite Radio's magnetic antenna near the FM antenna ?

No. Just mount it where it will get a good signal from the satellite.

Archived