IGNORED

Bluetooth for Nolan N-com and Autocom

Albert

I just ordered a Nolan Trilogy helmet that has the space to accept the n-com stuff for blue tooth operation. Since I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to blue tooth I thought I'd float this.

I have an Autocom Active plus 200 that I use wired to my Nolan N 102. I have a gps, ipod, radar detector and phone all connected to the Autocom. Both the gps and phone are blue tooth (not sure about anything else). Is there a gizmo that can be hooked to the Autocom to make it blue tooth? Like a transmitter? Thanks.

John Bentall

Hi,

If you are asking whether the Autocom will work with any other brand of headset (i.e Nolan N-com), then the answer is no.

HTH,

John

If the auto com has a normal 3.5 mm stereo output, there are tons of bluetooth transmitters out there that will do the job...

That's kind of what I was thinking. I've got all this "stuff" running to the Autocom, can I just get a "box" to plug the AC into that will talk to the Nolan blue tooth. Thanks.

The output of the AC is a 7 pin connector (5 pin on older modelsP). Can't use just a simple stereo jack. Also need the mic lines for cell phone, intercom and bike to bike.

John Bentall

So, are some folks saying the Autocom electret microphone that is specially tuned and calibrated to the integrated noise reduction circuitry in the main unit can be replaced by a Nolan diaphragm microphone running through a bluetooth dongle?

If so, who has done it and with what result?

Or have I totally missed the point of the OP's question? :dopeslap:

John,

Maybe. I was wondering if there was a way to wire up the Nolan with all Nolan parts (headset, mic, bluetooth) and somehow run the feed from the Autocom into a bluetooth transmitter (is there even such a thing?). That way, all the stuff I have on the bike (gps, music, radar, etc) could be left as is. Probably a far fetched idea.

I just ordered a Nolan Trilogy helmet that has the space to accept the n-com stuff for blue tooth operation. Since I'm a complete Luddite when it comes to blue tooth I thought I'd float this.

I have an Autocom Active plus 200 that I use wired to my Nolan N 102. I have a gps, ipod, radar detector and phone all connected to the Autocom. Both the gps and phone are blue tooth (not sure about anything else). Is there a gizmo that can be hooked to the Autocom to make it blue tooth? Like a transmitter? Thanks.

If you want to go Bluetooth from your headset to the Active Plus - I have good news. Autocom is making a pilot run of an A2DP stereo two-way Bluetooth adapter that will plug into the headset fly lead on the Autocom hub. My understanding is there will be an Autocom BT headset, as well as the ability to connect to other headsets like Sena, Scala Rider, Schuberth. Of course, the Autocom headset will have a superior noise canceling mic.

We expect to have these in stock prior to the MOA rally. Pricing? No idea, just yet.

You heard it here, first :thumbsup:

This has been longed for by alot of Autocom owners, they want all the functionality of an Autocom system on there bike and no headset extension lead.(for some reason) Autocom have now just produced a wirefree dongle that plugs into the headset lead out of the unit and connects to most of the other brands of bluetooth headsets. It has been tested with Schuberth,Scala,Interphone,Shark,Senna and Nolan.

Archived