IGNORED

Accessory plug for 1150RT

PAS

Can anyone recommend an up front location for a 12v accessory plug to run my handle mounted Garmin? Bike is a 1150RT.

The 2610 has the speaker on the male plug.

Paul

Ohio

Hard to hear at speed.

Not weatherproof.

I'd suggest some form of audio control and earbuds.

Best wishes.

Under the left side tupperware just in front of the glove box there is a 4 pin blue plug for the radio. The red and brown are hot and ground, It is hot all the time. I used that plug for my GPS.

I put mine where the headlight adjuster was. I figured i never used it anyway so it was a waste not to use the ideal location for an outlet. Had to round out the hole with a file but it didn't take long. Very handy to have up front. I wired it directly from the battery (when i had the tank off)with an inline fuse. Works great.

IMG_1557Large.jpg

Hope that helps

Cheers

Steve

• 9 months later...
On dash, just to right of fog light switch:

GPS2.jpg

On handlebar:

GPS1.jpg

I'm digging the red lcd on the left. I'm looking to put a Digital weather info display there. Mine is a blank .

I'm digging the red lcd on the left. I'm looking to put a Digital weather info display there. Mine is a blank .

I added a thermometer based on the Datel readout. Totally waterproof and less that $30. ( Temp on the left, volts on the right. ) It's centered when seen head on. Have the display on a switch and it also goes off when the handlebar is locked.

1150RT006s.jpg

I added a thermometer based on the Datel readout. Totally waterproof and less that $30. ( Temp on the left, volts on the right. ) It's centered when seen head on. Have the display on a switch and it also goes off when the handlebar is locked.

1150RT006s.jpg

That is awesome and just what I'm looking for. Any details best purchase place and on the wiring. No need reinventing the wheel. If I did it would be square.

I have an RT-P and lots of do nothing switches now that the extra light have been removed. I have also been looking for a use for the PA button near the left rear view.

That is awesome and just what I'm looking for. Any details best purchase place and on the wiring. No need reinventing the wheel.

The Datel voltmeter can be purchased a number of places. I bought mine here. Link It was actually more than I wanted to pay for it, but it's completely waterproof and accurate. The thermometer was cheaper, but also waterproof, and can be bought here for $23. They also used to carry the voltmeter, but I don't see it listed now. I would think wiring them to one of your existing authority bike switches would be pretty easy. I wired mine through a waterproof switch and then to the radio powerlead that is switched to the ignition key so that it turns off when the handlebar is locked.

That is awesome and just what I'm looking for. Any details best purchase place and on the wiring. No need reinventing the wheel.

The Datel voltmeter can be purchased a number of places. I bought mine here. Link It was actually more than I wanted to pay for it, but it's completely waterproof and accurate. The thermometer was cheaper, but also waterproof, and can be bought here for $23. They also used to carry the voltmeter, but I don't see it listed now. I would think wiring them to one of your existing authority bike switches would be pretty easy. I wired mine through a waterproof switch and then to the radio powerlead that is switched to the ignition key so that it turns off when the handlebar is locked.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate ti. I'll check the bank and see. Ideally I would like an all digital gauge situation like this but not so costly.

http://www.bikebandit.com/dakota-digital-dresser-bagger-instrument-packages?m=244

Archived