IGNORED

At long last, my solution to stuff falling out of the system cases!

macx

I absolutely love my 1200RT, but I was so disappointed when I found out that every time I open those gorgeous cases that everything wants to fall out!

So, bear with me now, here's my solution. It was awhile in the making, BUT I've got a total of under $20 invested and it works like an absolute charm! Have used them under varying conditions for a month, absolutely what I had hoped for when I started this quest.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vir5yp5ap346bi7

AdirondackJack

Yeah. . . . wanna see your solution, but pics/narrative much better than a download. Unsolicited downloads usually spell trouble.

That is a very KOOL looking design. Thanks!!!

I made a barrier about a year ago for mine.

I simply made myself a thick, stiff posterboard insert that is cut to shape and loosely held in place by the "X" straps in the case. the insert is about 2/3s overall height so that I can easily access stuff behind it.

When I open the case, everything on the inside stays put.

Time involved, about 1/2 hour

$$$ invested, zero, since I had the posterboard, otherwise about $3 at WalMart

I didn't click on the download either. Same reason as above.

However, I know what a bag liner is.

My 800 with 'panniers' had two bag liners.

My question is, at what price.

Bernard

A black plastic garbage bag, from a box of 100 is what? 25 cents?

Fold the top over, and guess what? It's waterproof.

(Not that I'm cheap or anything, I just like simple solutions.)

dc

Yeah. . . . wanna see your solution, but pics/narrative much better than a download. Unsolicited downloads usually spell trouble.

Its an Excel file with about a dozen pics and a bunch of narrative explaining what you see in the pics, what I used, and how it works.

It's the file I posted on that site.

I'd post a couple pics just to whet your curiosity if I could only figure out how. I don't see any "advanced" thing or anything else telling me I can post pictures.

If you can tell me how I'll be happy to throw a couple pics on here.

Peter Parts

Hard to think of a design choice as comprehensively stupid as side opening bags. OK... Paralever maybe.

I used top opening Craven bags for many years. Totally unlike the stockers, they look great on a boxer. Buco before that... for you antiquarians out there. +1 for Harley, just this one time.

Ben

Well, I like a challenge and being away from home and all my tools and the normal other things to do on vehicles and the house, I had plenty of time to fiddle with this.

And this avoids having to stuff things in separate bags or liners, and then try to get them to stay in the case while you shut the cover, especially if there's a lot of smaller items in a bag.

Lots of items in i.e. a Wally World bag like to fall all over, too. Just try standing a full plastic grocery sack on a table.

So that isn't much of a help.

This way there's no bags or liners to fool with and to try to keep in the case while you shut the lid. If I want stuff in

waterproof bags I can still do that and without the possibility the whole bag will spill out when I open the lid.

Archived