IGNORED

Ear Fuze Custom Earphones

malcolmblalock

malcolmblalock

Anyone on the forum using Ear Fuze Custom Earphones? From what I've read, they are "do it yourself" in-ear speakers that are fairly affordable (www.earfuze.com)

Not sure if I want to try these without some feedback from users, so I'm just wondering if anyone out there has tried them, and if so, what they think of them.

I'll let you know as soon as mine get here. I ordered a set yesterday. Hoping to have them by the weekend.

I'll be plugging them into a Sena SMH10 Bluetooth system

I had a similar set made by a different company and hated them. They were way too big to fit under a helmet comfortably. I threw them away.

I've tried about a dozen kind of earphones for riding and finally found Klipsch to be the best compromise between comfort and sound quality. I can wear them for 8 hours under a helmet.

We bought a set for my wife last year before heading out on a 2 week trip west. She's always had problems with the fit for any ear phones. She loved the fit of the Ear Fuse and had no problems the entire trip.

So ears are like butts?

Everyone's different?

;)

Perhaps using a different oil before insertion, maybe something synthetic would help.

I've been using the same pair for 2 years now. 38" cord. 3.5mm plug that is small enough to use with my Scosche remote controller.

The black plastic tube that covers the wires has recently come apart on one of them. Hasn't affected the sound quality (which I find very good!). I'm planning to get another pair for when the wire fnally comes apart. With care that won't be any time soon, but at less than $50 I feel I've easily got my money out of them already. They don't look as professional as Az Al's, but they work well for me.

I found it easy to make them. I started with the kit that includes a "practice" ear piece. You can get a kit without the practice plug for a little less $ if you feel confident in your abilities. I still have that practice ear plug, so my next kit will also include one. That way I will have a set of custom ear plugs without speakers as well. :)

62911039.jpg

got a pair somewhere, i found they didn't block the noise like i hoped they would.

i'm now using MEElectronics #6,wire behind the ear style buds, very low profile. no problem slipping a helmet over them.web bike world had a write up on them and links to buy.

also using comply tips. they really block the wind noise.

Ozonewanderer

I'm happy with them. The sound quality is adequate (how good does it have to be with 70-80DB of background noise on a motorcycle?) and best of all it blocks a lot of that background noise like ear plugs.

I bought the set without the practice plug. Then I had to buy another set because I should have practiced first!

I looked at the website and was very surprised to find absolutely no specifications for their product. At a minimum, I would like to see frequency response and sensitivity. I have written the manufacturer and asked for the full set, which I will post here if they respond.

I got mine yesterday afternoon. It took about about a half hour to read, reread, and then follow the instructions. I bought the set with the practice ear kit. Glad I did. It isn't hard, but it was nice to figure it out without having to worry about screwing something up.

Stuck the earbuds in my ears. Opened one of the cases and kneeded the two epoxy parts together for about 30 seconds until it was a solid color. Then you just shove it in you ear and work it around the earbud to fill your ear cavity. There will be a good bit too much, so you just kind of pinch off what you don't need. Then use a little hand lotion to smooth the outer surface. Then you just hang out and listen to music for 15-20 minutes until they cure.

I used them this morning, and I have to say that I am really impressed. My helmet slides on and off without disturbing them, and they fit great with no discomfort (after an hour commute). I set the volume on my Sena SMH10 while in the garage. I set it to a normal listening volume that I would use if I was just sitting around the house. With my previous standard speakers and foam earplugs, I had the volume at MAX and I had trouble hearing over 60mph. I didn't have to reach for the volume control until I hit 80mph. Even then, I think I am still at less than 50% volume on the control knob. When I got off the bike, the music still wasn't "loud".......it was just a little louder than I would normally listen to it when not on the bike. My main concern was having to blast the music in order to hear it at speed, but that isn't the case at all. The sound quality sounds great to me. Its the best sound I have had with any of my setups yet. But, honestly.......how picky can you be at 70mph+ on a GS. I also have a VERY noisy helmet.

Overall, I'd give it an A+

Money well spent.

malcolmblalock

Thanks, Keith and Matt. I've ordered a set that should arrive this week. Also ordered the Autocom lead into which they will plug. Hope to try them out this weekend. I'll give my report when I've had a chance to try them out.

Archived