IGNORED

Brake! LED Unit from Gizmomill

Aluminum_Butt

Aluminum_Butt

I'm about to sell my 03 RS. I bought it used, and with a Brake! LED/strobe brake light unit from the now-defunct Gizmomill installed. Randomly when I start the bike, the "brake lamp out" indicator (NOT the ABS and brake failure indicators) comes on and will stay on for the duration of the ride.

I always thought this was the result of the Brake! unit. I swear I remember reading that it would not be "seen" properly by the bike's computer, and cause the brake lamp indicator to come on. And, I expected that is what I'd tell a prospective buyer and prove it with Internet evidence. But I can't find evidence of that now through Google.

Anybody have a similar memory or experience with this device on a pre-CANBUS BMW?

What are the other potential causes of this lamp coming on?

They are back in business again, but under a new name. Check out http://www.roadrocketeer.com. You might be able to find some info on there.

I had one on my RT as well, and I remember reading about the possible error in the instructions. Mine came with a resistor to add to the circuit if it started causing a brake light failure. I never needed it.

Archived