IGNORED

Rear seat height adjustment

Kouros

My wife is ready to to go on longer trips, more than our street block, with me on the R1150RT-P (converted radio box to stock seat).

Her complain is she can not see anything to enjoy the ride since I'm too tall (5'10" not really tall) for her.

Is there a solution? There is no adjustment for rear seat. Is there? Any suggestions is appreciated.

-Kouros

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Ended up removing it later but, a 1" thick section of neoprene foam rubber with pressure sensitive adhesive can be cut, trimmed and the back scarfed to fit over the stock pillion seat.

John Bentall

Surely this is a case of managing expectations?

1) I have a top box with a backrest so that the passanger can sit quite far back on the pillion seat and not have her hands clasped around my waist. IMHO a backrest of some sort is an essential piece of hardware.

2) To balance the machine through corners, I tell the pillion the look over/round my left shoulder on left turns and right shoulder for right turns. This gets them looking left and right and trying as best they can to read the road ahead.

Its not essential but helpful.

3) If the pillion is short and has their hands round your waist it is not reasonable to expect them to enjoy a view ahead. But perching on the back of a rice-burning sportsbike doesn't look like a barrel of laughs either.

HTH,

John

I'm over a foot taller than my wife.

Give her a camera.

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01105.jpg

DSC01035.jpg

All taken from the bike.

She's involved with the ride.

Best wishes.

Archived