IGNORED

Zumo 220 not connecting

gottago

I have a 220 that is working fine except when I connect to the computer via usb cable to download a route it turns itself off after about 8 seconds.

I connect it comes up wants my password, I enter it,it proceeds to the screen showing it connected to the computer, looks like it's working then after about 8 seconds turns itself off then turns itself back on and starts to go through the process all over again. I checked the usb cable with my Zumo 550 and it works fine. I've tried multiple computers including Linux and same problem. Anyone else had this problem? I've emailed Garmin but no response yet.

RockBottom

That is a strange one. You might try plugging it in, going to the Windows device manager, removing it entirely, then plugging it back in and letting it re-install.

Thanks for your suggestion. Tried it but couldn't get zumo to stay connected long enough. Called garmin and they are fedxing a new one. Those guys are topnotch.

Thanks for trying.

RockBottom

I'll second that on Garmin. My 220 flew out of its mounting bracket a couple of weeks ago and bounced along the road. It still worked but was all scuffed up. Garmin is replacing it under warranty.

Quick question: is the 220 basically the old 450 upgraded? Is the display as good as the Zumo 550? Thanks, Rich

Quick question: is the 220 basically the old 450 upgraded? Is the display as good as the Zumo 550? Thanks, Rich

Not really. I have both. They're similar in size, but the 220 has a much faster processor and doesn't have physical buttons. It also has some additional features like the speed limit for the road you're on. One thing I miss is the display screen from the 450 that had the bike speed in the center of the display. The 220 also shows that, but it's smaller.

Archived