IGNORED

Icon Variant Helmet Review

azkaisr

variantblue.jpg

After riding with it for about 3 weeks now, I can say that it is truly a worthy helmet.

Noise is minimal

Comfortable in 100+ degrees

Visor Head pull in minimal under 100 mph.

Best field of view in any helmet I have own. I am going to this from my 3 yr old Multi Tech.

I have a Icon Domain that I have been using for the past 4 years and ~50k miles. It has also been a good helmet. My only complaints are that its getting to the point that the padding needs to be replaced. That, and the fact that I can't get a Pinlock visor for it. All that being said, it has been a great helmet for me. It was OK on the RT, but works great on the GS.

I plan to replace my helmet within the next year and the Variant is one of the ones that had my attention. The only hangup I have is the lack of Pinlock availability for Icon helmets, and I would really prefer my next helmet to have one. I sent an email to Icon asking if they were ever going to offer one, and they replied that they already do. After a few more emails, I got a little frustrated with them because no matter how many times I explained to them what a Pinlock visor was (and including direct links in my email), they kept referring to their locking mechanism they use on their visors. Eh.....whatever. Their customer service monkeys are bozos, but its still a great looking helmet.

Archived