IGNORED

BMW Roundel Farckle

Pletch

There was a post on here a year or so ago with a guy that was making a lighted Roundel for the ones on the front of the RT's. I haven't heard anything since.

Has anyone found one of these uber farckles? Any idea where to get them? They're all over the place for cars, but no the same size as the bikes. Now that would be one amazing farckle to dress up the mistress!!!

Just a couple examples I found on line

Dan

That poster was BostonBagger. He disappeared after offering them. There was some discussion about the blue running light being illegal which may have made him reconsider making them available.

Linz

One thing I always wanted to do, but never got around to was to take the side marker lights from a BMW Z4 and install them into the Roundel location on my 1100RT. They would stick out and be a great side marker/extra turn signal for anyone that was in the next lane. The diameter is almost exactly the same, and it looked like it would have been an easy addition.

Z4turnsignal03.jpg

I agree, I think it would/should be pretty easy. Only problem is I am far from a techy guy. I can wire it but not make it. I would love to find a translucent so the BMW and propeller "glow".

That poster was BostonBagger. He disappeared after offering them. There was some discussion about the blue running light being illegal which may have made him reconsider making them available.

Linz

He has posted in the K section of this forum more recently.

Try a PM.

Keith, a member on the R1150R.net site did exactly that.

Can't seem to locate the thread, it's been a while.

Very cool indeed! And they would be even better with white lenses and orange bolds, but it's still missing the elluminated Roundel. Bummer, but we are getting closer!

Archived