IGNORED

Tall, short, round, average

majrosebud

I'm 6'4" and 225 lbs. Everyone else is something different. So how do you find quality gear that fits. For me, I need clothing that has some extra length in it. Regular sizes ain't working for me. First Gear has the XL or XXL "tall" size I need. Might be interesting to find what other shapes are wearing.

If you look closely toward the top of the newenough.com site, there's a "hard to fit" link - lots of choices there at decent prices.

Motoport will do some custom work for you. I am the opposite I have a very short inseam and off the rack pants never fit. Motoport gives you instructions on how to measure and will set you up with gear that fits. No connection just a satisfied customer.

I'm 6'2" 230 with long arms and legs. Everything I own is either First Gear XLT sized stuff or BMW gear. They are the only two companies I've found that I can buy stuff off the shelf that fits. All of the BMW gear I have was bought used......because their retail prices are stupid expensive. The First Gear stuff I bought new and fits me very well.

I am unaware of any other companies that sell gear in tall sizes. Your other option is getting something custom from Aerostitch or Motoport. My next pants perchase will most likely be from Motoport.

At www.advrider.com, there is an extensive "big/tall" gear thread. As I recall, it can be found under the "Equipment" sub-forum. :thumbsup:

I'm 6'4" and 225 lbs. Everyone else is something different. So how do you find quality gear that fits. For me, I need clothing that has some extra length in it. Regular sizes ain't working for me. First Gear has the XL or XXL "tall" size I need. Might be interesting to find what other shapes are wearing.

getting back to th OP's original question: I am 5'4" with a 27" inseam and drive; well -- see signature lines. I have a pair of custom sized Motoport pants for winter that naturally fit very well as I used their sizing instructions and they built to fit. I also have a pair of Tourmaster mesh pants in the shortest length they offered and they are not far from fitting as good as the Motoports. Jackets are all Joe Rocket and all the sleeves are about 3" too long but it is too expensive to have them altered so I live with it.

That one won't be around for long.

Maybe he doesn't know this is MRN.

Yes I know, besides I'm getting a headache from eyestrain.

MotoPort custom made two outfits for me (6'3' and 165 lbs). Their normal sizing tends to run a bit big so you might talk to them and see if their off-the-shelf outfits might fit you without the customization.

Vanucci is the brand that I have dound to fit my 6'4" 230 frame, they have a HUGE selection of stuff from short pants with 50 inch waist to jackets for guys 6'10" and 400 pounds (seriosuly seen it myself). You can go to www.louis.de, click the British flag in the upper right corner and get all the info in English. They will also ship to the US. Great bunch of guys!

At 6'3" and about 250+ my challenge is always my 36/37" arms. So far Firstgear and Tourmaster XXL Tall jackets fit. The challenge is getting anything but Black or Silver in the tall sizes. Pants are always an issue but that is with the entire clothing industry who apparently believe that your either short and fat or tall and skinny. Tall and fat guys do not exist to them. :(

Archived