IGNORED

Motorcycle transport

Lets_Play_Two

Lets_Play_Two

I am having no luck searching the forums. I need some names of motorcycle shipping companies for shipping two motorcycles from Florida to Washington (state). Any recommendations.

Allen Rowand

I just used JC Motors; quick service, online tracking and they're straight up about the price (which was in line with other companies I looked at). Several other outfits were tacking on fees and "pick-up and delivery charges". I'm sorry, but isn't the point of the exercise for you to PICK UP the bike and DELIVER it?

You may also want to shoot a private message to Bullman and see if there's anything he can do for you, since he works for a freight company in FL.

Paul Mihalka

This is who we use for dealer to dealer shipping, including brand new uncrated motorcycles: http://www.funtransport.com/

If you can, arrange that you leave your bike at a dealer (any dealer) for pickup and another dealer for delivery. It is easier for you and it is less expensive than private address to private address.

http://www.bikernet.com/pages/web_page.aspx?id=51

When I bought my first BMW in central CA and needed to get it

to KC MO, the dealer used these guys. (It was a used 04 I bougtht summer of 08)

I thought it was going to cost a fortune, but $600 was the total tab.

Dealer paid 1/2 to sell me the bike - it was a Harley & Victory dealer in Dublin CA - Arlen Ness.

The driver said they used the same equipment and basically the same "skill set" to load / haul both piano's and bikes. Strange but true.

They have patents on their equipment and it really does work slick! Basically a custom designed framework with retractable casters and nifty little special clamps and hold downs. They push on a handle, sort of like a floor jack, and the thing goes up on it's wheels and they just roll it out onto the hydraulic endgate and down it comes. A couple clicks and it's free. Only thing is, they gather a trailer load before they move it so might take a couple weeks or more.

And they delivered right to my driveway and made sure I was satisfied and checked the bike over and ran it before they drove away.

This is who we use for dealer to dealer shipping, including brand new uncrated motorcycles: http://www.funtransport.com/

If you can, arrange that you leave your bike at a dealer (any dealer) for pickup and another dealer for delivery. It is easier for you and it is less expensive than private address to private address.

+1

...and when I used them last year to ship a bike I bought in South Florida, they give a discount if you're an AMA member...and an even better discount if you belong to HOG.

I used Federal M/C for a bike move from Texas to N.D. They're in Illinois. 1-800-747-4100 x2229 ask for Jennifer.

Archived