IGNORED

NAV IV

TM1918

I am considering buying the NAV IV for my R1200RT. Is there any advantage to buying this rather than the GARMIN 550, 650 or 660? I'm not very technical and would prefer to buy something that a caveman could install. I'm not really interested in doing the"RAM BALL" thing either. I like the BMW dash mounting bracket.

Also, where is the best (cheapest) place to pick up the NAV IV?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

The NAV IV is the Zumo 665 without SiriusXM satellite radio. Get the 665. They're not cheap anywhere. You might be able to find a deal on ebay.

Frustrated_Diver

If you don't want XM Radio, get the Zumo 660. Otherwise it is the same as the 665. The 660 i have works fine on my RT.

I am considering buying the NAV IV for my R1200RT. Is there any advantage to buying this rather than the GARMIN 550, 650 or 660? I'm not very technical and would prefer to buy something that a caveman could install. I'm not really interested in doing the"RAM BALL" thing either. I like the BMW dash mounting bracket.

Also, where is the best (cheapest) place to pick up the NAV IV?

Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I am liking the "Ram ball approach" since it puts the GPS closer to my face for seeing it without glasses. I bought a Nuvi 550 (waterproof and "motorcycle friendly"), a mount for the Nuvi on Amazon and the appropriate garmin power cord from Whitehorse press. Total spent was about $340.00.

Archived