IGNORED

R1200RT Exhaust Upgrade

RTJohn

I was thinking about upgrading the exhaust on my 2010 RT. Staintune has one that looks like the stock muffler except that it's chromed. My local dealer said he couldn't comment. I was wondering what you, the brotherhood, have tried that worked well for you. More importantly, what didn't work? I'm looking at boosting output a little. Increasing decibels isn't the objective.

Firefight911

Boosting output, eh? Ain't gonna happen. If you are looking for a change in the look or a change in the sound, go for it. If power is your pill, bring your check book because an exhaust alone isn't gonna net you anything.

I've had Staintune slip-ons on an 07 and 09RT and I liked them alot. They look good, fit perfectly, and the sound is noticeably deeper and throatier. With the removeable baffle in, they are actually slightly quieter than stock; with the baffle out, they are a bit louder than stock. If your looking for a power increase its a waste of $. If its a better sound you want, you will be pleased.

Other than looks, sound and some weight reduction, there doesn't seem to be any actual performance advantage on these boxers.

So if that $1500+ is really burning a hole in your pocket, go for it.

Archived