IGNORED

Venting machine

BarOne

I have a pair of venting machine pants and they came with knee armor but not the armor that goes into the hip and kidney areas. Anyone know where I can get them?

I am planning on replacing the foam hip pads in my Olympia Airflow pants with CE rated armor from Held Usa. Maybe these will fit the Venting pants, but I don't know.

I don't know about the kidney armor.

John Bentall
I have a pair of venting machine pants and they came with knee armor but not the armor that goes into the hip and kidney areas. Anyone know where I can get them?

I've never heard of BMW Kidney armor.

The hip armor for the Venting machine should be the same as the Airflow of similar vintage. Part #72607667331 for left and right hips. I find this old, black Prosafe armor rather hard in the hips and have used the orange NP protectors instead Part # 72607688994.

I found that the BMW armor in my suits had deteriorated badly - hardened and cracked - after 6 or 7 years and so had a replacement spree last summer.

HTH,

John

I had not heard of hip armor either but there are two pockets on each side - one clearly for hip protection and above that one is a smaller pocket. I am assuming it would be to protect the kidneys. Not much on anatomy here so maybe it's another body part!

Archived