IGNORED

Has anyone changed the color of their scoot?

raporte

I love my Silver 04 RT. But I really love the Black, Blue and Red colors.....! I was wondering if anyone has made the switch and what the results were......AND would you do it again?

A friend with an all-black 2007 R1200ST decided he liked the two-tone paint schemes of the 2005 and 2006 models better, so he bought a complete set of silver and red plastic from BMW. I have to agree that the look is greatly improved. He's keeping the original bodywork as spares, since he feels ST plastic may become hard to find in the future due to low production numbers.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Though definitely not a RT, I had a white and red K100RS with the optional lacquer-checking that happens after a few years.

Repainted it with Motorsport white and then did the engine vents, mirrors and handles in the back with Motorsport purple. Motorsport red went on as pinstriping. Put motorsport badges on to replace the propeller roundels on the tank.

I had a Glacier Green K100RT which I had painted a dark metallic charcoal. I had the front forks powder coated in gloss black and replaced the stock screen with a dark smoked version. That bike looked very classy. One of the bikes I should not have sold. I'm glad that I did it.

Linz :)

Same

My old K100RS was the silver colour, but I liked the dark green metallic that was one of the BMW colours.

I had it re-sprayed by a professional.

Looked fabulous and when I had to sell it as our 1st child was coming along, it was sold in a week.

The 1st person that looked at it, bought it on the spot.

Jerry Johnston

When I dropped my 96RT on it's side I had the bike repainted to a Minden Silver Pearl by a auto paint shop. Cost me $1000 but still looks good except for some small rock chips. It was painted in 1998.

The Silver looks great.....but the other colors draw me in more. I wonder how the swirl marks would be as there are none seen on the Silver.

Archived