IGNORED

Sun Visor for Zumo 550?

twilmotte

Has anyone constructed a sun visor for their Z550 GPS? I Googled for one and the BMR visor at $60 is a little pricey for a piece of form fitted plastic. The $16 ones look like they don't fit too well. I figure someone on this board has engineered one out of commonly available materials and would share his handy design with us other penny-pinchers. :)

I bought one similar to this one several years ago. If I were to buy another one, I would check with this seller.

Added: I found it, this is the one i purchased a few years ago. But the other one looks good too.

Has anyone constructed a sun visor for their Z550 GPS? I Googled for one and the BMR visor at $60 is a little pricey for a piece of form fitted plastic. The $16 ones look like they don't fit too well. I figure someone on this board has engineered one out of commonly available materials and would share his handy design with us other penny-pinchers. :)

Well,BMR unit is actually powder coated aluminum,but still $$.

I have the GlareStomper,it works ok and like the fold down feature to semi cover/hide the unit,but it is kind of flimsy.Even though flimsy,it has survived thunderstorms and the deset heat in the west,so,not bad for the price.

Saw a mod that involves inserting a common pipe cleaner into the front trim to stiffen it,will have to try that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4HrMzQREGU

JR356

I bought one from eBay a couple of years ago. Worked as designed but realized that there were few times when the sun and my riding aligned enough for the sun blocker to actually make much difference. It was easier to just adjust the angle of the zumo in the craddle if need be. That coupled with the hazzle of taking it off the velcro or folding it up while storing the zumo in its case it didn't seem worth the hazzle.

Archived